Momentarily unable to send email (hotmail)

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 09:23 am
For the last few days, I have been unable to send or reply to emails via my hotmail account. The message I am given is "This content cannot be displayed in a frame." What must I do? This doesn't seem to appear to "go away on its own". Thank you for your insight!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 4,277 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 03:54 pm
@anatella,
hotmail was discontinued and moved to a new mail service called outlook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotmail

Quote:
On April 3, 2013, Outlook.com (a newer webmail service by Microsoft)[12] deprecated Hotmail.[13]

Quote:
Transition to Outlook.com [edit]
Main article: Outlook.com
On 18 February 2013, Hotmail was deprecated in favor of Outlook.com, a new webmail service by Microsoft introduced on 31 July 2012.[12] Existing Hotmail accounts were changed to Outlook.com on April 3, 2013.[13]
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 04:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
Hotmail is still working well.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 04:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Interesting...

According to the Microsoft site, they are trying to transition accounts over to the outlook.com version. In the same article, they're also saying that the hotmail addresses will continue to function, so who know what is going on with it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-files/is-hotmail-being-discontinued-as-per-stories-in/023354c2-32d3-49b9-a10b-f8a8e9647ae4?msgId=9df14013-e716-41e0-bd04-d4bb44c8dc9c

Quote:
Outlook.com is a new service that runs alongside Hotmail. Eventually all Hotmail users will be upgraded to Outlook.com. Although we are encouraging our Hotmail users to upgrade, you don’t have to do so.

Quote:
You can try Outlook without a new account and without changing your username/password – just use your @hotmail.com account to log into http://outlook.com. It’s important to remember that, no matter when you upgrade, your @hotmail.com address will always work. When you upgrade, you will be able to send/receive mail and you will retain all your mail, contacts, calendars, and rules.

Meanwhile, I did see this at the above link. Could this be the problem with your account?

Quote:
Hotmail accounts become inactive if you don’t sign in for more than 270 days or within the first 10 days after signing up for an account. After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 04:40 pm
@Butrflynet,
My very first email address has been moved and moved and moved as my ISP provider was bought by bigger and bigger companies. After one change from .net to .com, it has stayed the same for about 17 (? Shocked ) years.

A similar thing seems to be happening with hotmail. Depending on the computer I am logging in from, I can either go directly to hotmail or log in through outlook and land at my hotmail account.
0 Replies