Tue 5 Nov, 2013 02:59 pm
@RexRed,
I will not fall for that Democratic propaganda,
but I WILL vote.

David
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 05:31 am
UK ESTABLISHMENT CLOSES RANKS AS ORGANISED CHILD SEX ABUSE NETWORK LEADS BACK TO NO. 10
http://www.scriptonitedaily.com/2013/12/18/uk-establishment-closes-ranks-as-organised-paedophile-network-leads-back-to-no-10/

This is disgusting and heads should roll...

izzythepush

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 06:29 am
@RexRed,
You're talking about stuff that happened mostly in the 7os. Investigations are ongoing. Your sensationalist post suggested it was still happening today, you shouldn't try to gild the lily.
RexRed

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
Yes I realized that it was an old story after I posted it but I wonder if this is still going on, it seems a lot of guilty people slipped through the cracks.

Since this was so close to the central government including the police and secret service how do we know that in another 20 years a new group of person will again escape from prosecution in the same way.

It doesn't seem like anyone was actually prosecuted except for a few people being knocked off to keep them silent....

I think continued investigation of this could help in preventing a repeat of the same thing.

izzythepush

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 08:06 am
@RexRed,
You know very little about this and you're jumping to conclusions. The 1970s were a different time, people were more deferential. There are several police investigations going on at the moment, following the revelations about Jimmy Savile.

The Ian Watkins case is more cause for concern. I'll let you do your own googling
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 08:59 am
Before the internet, hideous deaths and mutilations were just news reports and statistics in the media, usually without any horrific pictures to accompany them.
But now because of internet videos such as on LiveLeak we see the full horror of road accidents, war, industrial accidents, shootings, stabbings, air crashes etc, and are seeing REALITY for the first time, so perhaps it's our duty to watch them so we know what's going on out there in the real world?
PS- Most horrific vid i've seen so far was a motorcycle accident where the rider had been torn in two and his heart had popped out of his chest and was still beating in the middle of the road yards away from his body..
OmSigDAVID

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 02:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Before the internet, hideous deaths and mutilations were just news reports and statistics in the media, usually without any horrific pictures to accompany them.
But now because of internet videos such as on LiveLeak we see the full horror of road accidents, war, industrial accidents, shootings, stabbings, air crashes etc, and are seeing REALITY for the first time, so perhaps it's our duty to watch them so we know what's going on out there in the real world?
PS- Most horrific vid i've seen so far was a motorcycle accident where the rider had been torn in two and his heart had popped out of his chest and was still beating in the middle of the road yards away from his body..
What is the SOURCE of that putative duty, Romeo ????
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:30 am
@izzythepush,
I may not fully understand this and yes it happened, as a far as we know, a long time ago. I posted it anyway because I think that the fact this could happen as widespread as it did is appalling and society should NEVER forget that this scourge is out there and waiting to rear its ugly and hideous head...
izzythepush

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:57 am
@RexRed,
How many people in the UK look at this site? Not very many. Your post will make very little, if any difference.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:50 am
@RexRed,
If you look at your source again you'll see it's trying to link male homosexuality with paedophilia. Was that your intention.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and making wild leaps in logic you'd be better researching the topic in more detail.

Historical allegations take time to process, and making wild allegations without any proof can seriously backfire on one.

Quote:
A tweet by Commons Speaker's wife Sally Bercow about Lord McAlpine was libellous, the High Court in London has ruled.

Lawyers for Lord McAlpine said the tweet - which read "Why is Lord McAlpine trending? *Innocent face*"- pointed "the finger of blame" at the Tory peer during a media frenzy over allegations of child sex abuse.

Damages are to be decided at a later date, unless a settlement is reached.

Bercow promptly tweeted her apologies, provided letters apologising for the distress caused and making clear that the underlying allegations were untrue, and made an offer to settle the case which still stood, her lawyers said.

She said in a statement after the ruling that the tweet was intending to be "conversational and mischievous," but she hoped her case would be "seen as a warning to all social media users.

"Things can be held to be seriously defamatory, even when you do not intend them to be defamatory and do not make any express accusation.

"On this, I have learned my own lesson the hard way."

She added: "To say I'm surprised and disappointed by this is an understatement. However, I will accept the ruling as the end of the matter.

"I remain sorry for the distress I have caused Lord McAlpine and I repeat my apologies. I have accepted an earlier offer his lawyers made to settle this matter."

The tweet was posted two days after a November Newsnight report wrongly implicated the former Conservative Party treasurer in claims about events at Bryn Estyn children's home in the 1970s and 1980s.

Lord McAlpine, who has already received six-figure payouts from the BBC and ITV, says it meant he was a paedophile who was guilty of sexually abusing boys living in care, and wants damages.

The judge said that in its natural and ordinary meaning, the tweet meant that Lord McAlpine was a paedophile who was guilty of sexually abusing boys living in care.

He added that, if he was wrong about that, he would find that it bore an innuendo meaning to the same effect.

"In my judgment the reasonable reader would understand the words "innocent face" as being insincere and ironical.

"There is no sensible reason for including those words in the Tweet if they are to be taken as meaning that the Defendant simply wants to know the answer to a factual question," he said.

Andrew Reid of RMPI Solicitors, representing McAlpine, said: "The apologies previously received from Mrs Bercow did not concede that her tweet was defamatory. Clearly she must now accept this fact.

"The failure of Mrs Bercow to admit that her tweet was defamatory caused considerable unnecessary pain and suffering to Lord McAlpine and his family over the past six months.

"With knowledge of the judgment, I am pleased to be able to say that Mrs Bercow has finally seen sense and has accepted an offer of settlement, which Lord McAlpine made back in January.

"Mr Justice Tugendhat's judgment is one of great public interest and provides both a warning to, and guidance for, people who use social media. It highlights how established legal principles apply to social media, and how the courts take account of the particular way in which social media operates when reaching decisions on whether publications are defamatory."

During the hearing, Sir Edward Garnier QC said it would be difficult to think of a more serious meaning than the one advanced by Lord McAlpine, who was not in court.

"The tweet, by itself, suggests that 'Lord McAlpine' has done something wrong. Drawing attention to someone and then adding the expression 'innocent face' hints at wrongdoing and negates any suggestion that the tweet was a neutral query to which the defendant was looking for an answer.

"The inclusion of the words 'innocent face' was giving a nudge and a wink to readers."

He said a user of Twitter was not someone who ignored what was happening in the world - he or she, far from being a hermit or shut off from the media, was inquisitive and IT literate.

"In short, there was a prominent and salacious story in the media, and what was missing was the name of the abuser at its centre.

"Put another way, what was the tweet about, if it was not pointing the finger of blame at Lord McAlpine?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/24/lord-mcalpine-sally-bercow-twitter_n_3330483.html
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:30 am
Quote:
Romeo said: But now because of internet videos such as on LiveLeak we see the full horror of road accidents, war, industrial accidents, shootings, stabbings, air crashes etc, and are seeing REALITY for the first time, so perhaps it's our duty to watch them so we know what's going on out there in the real world?
OmSig replied: What is the SOURCE of that putative duty, Romeo ????

I had to look up 'putative' in the dictionary mate but am still not sure what it means.
Anyway I said "perhaps" it's our duty, I didn't say it IS our duty..Smile
Incidentally although I can watch death and injury vids involving humans without flinching too much, i usually can't bring myself to watch such vids involving animals.
For example there was a sickening Liveleak vid yesterday showing a camel being sacrificed in the mideast but it was a botched job, somebody stabbed it in the heart and it freaked and bolted down the street with blood spraying out of its chest like a hosepipe.
Like I said, such vids let us know what nasty things are going on out there in the world and it's our choice whether to watch or not.
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 02:11 pm
I have to go in for major surgery in a week on my tooth. The tooth looks perfectly fine but the endodontist is going to have to cut the gum above the tooth and do some work on the roots. There goes my finances for next month besides I feel ill (again) from the toxins.
FOUND SOUL

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 02:13 pm
@RexRed,
Best wishes, once done you can heal and won't feel ill anymore..
RexRed

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 03:04 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I am hoping so, thanks for your encouragement Soul... Smile
FOUND SOUL

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 03:31 pm
@RexRed,
Welcome Rex Smile Happy New Year!
izzythepush

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 04:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That time in Australia already? ******* Hell!
FOUND SOUL

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 04:43 pm
@izzythepush,
BAHAHAHA Don't swear at me Smile Na, will be tonight at midnight, I'm early I like celebrations : )Happy New Year Izzy !!!
izzythepush

Mon 30 Dec, 2013 04:47 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Happy New Year, sorry about the ******* Hell!
RexRed

Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:00 am
Other Dental Dangers
Are There Any Other Dental Dangers We Should Know About?
http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/dental-dangers.php
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:03 am
Happy New Years to you both Izzy and Soul!

And to all others on a2k who also genuinely care about peace on earth and forward thinking progress. Smile

1. Forums
  2. » Hideous News
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:09:34