RexRed

Fri 10 May, 2013 10:03 pm
Exactly what it says... If you don't want to hear about terrible things, don't click on or follow this thread... Some things are too bad to even mention or think but we got to consider them... I think?!.,x

Shall I mention a few? No, you get the picture. It's time we get aware...

I need a place to stick bad stuff I hear about.

Adjective
Ugly or disgusting to look at.
Extremely unpleasant
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 9,772 • Replies: 179
Topic Closed
No top replies

gungasnake

Fri 10 May, 2013 10:07 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/obama-defeats-romney-to-win-second-term-fox-news-projects/
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 12 May, 2013 03:51 pm
BREAKING: Twelve people are being treated for gunshot wounds following a shootout at a Mothers’ Day parade in New Orleans. http://bit.ly/10sjIkJ
-MP
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248242_653535981326848_523561215_n.jpg

It is sad that this thread would ever be populated... more guns people? Really???
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 12 May, 2013 04:28 pm
@RexRed,
Interesting concept.

Of course there is no way all "hideous news" will be funnelled into this thread.
RexRed

Sun 12 May, 2013 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Interesting concept.

Of course there is no way all "hideous news" will be funnelled into this thread.

Oh ye of little faith... All hideous news!!? I would become the cesspool of the media, yikes!
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 13 May, 2013 08:51 am
Multiple Gunmen Open Fire During New Orleans’ Mother’s Day Parade, At Least 12 Injured
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/12/1999721/multiple-gunmen-open-fire-during-new-orleans-mothers-day-parade-at-least-12-injured/

Vote the republicans out....
RexRed

Wed 15 May, 2013 12:25 am
An Australian woman is gang raped and jailed for having illicit sex under Sharia law
http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/australian-woman-gang-raped-and-jailed-having-illicit-sex-under-sharia-law
RexRed

Thu 16 May, 2013 01:58 pm
I don't know how many stories I have passed over posting here on A2K because I did not have an appropriate thread to post it in. I can just imagine that the national news desks are fraught with this same dilemma. On one hand does publicizing terrible deeds only make heroes of the perpetrators? I am sure the true nature of crime is whitewashed as it is so as to keep the news "G" rated...

This thread is by no means meant to glamorize hideous acts but contrarily work to shift society to a communal place of peaceful coexistence.

I find no personal glorification in having to report on such things, please understand and know that. I just think that morality cannot be developed in an artificially created vacuum but we all gain perceptions from the mistakes of others and ourselves. We learn of human nature through our own reality and duty to leave a better society and world than the ones we came into. Like Greek tragedies impart wisdom in their own brand of hideousness, we learn 'not' to become this hideousness but to become lanterns of light guiding ourselves and others to the democratic principles that we collectively cherish.

Sometimes it takes a shocking thing to bring people to their senses... Sometimes shocking things cause people to overreact and do the wrong thing...

We are surrounded by these shocking things yet we are shielded from them by the media mostly. The philosophy here which one may argue is that people not only have a right to know but a need to know also.

Is it better to shield the public from what crimes are being committed or should these crimes somehow be used as a deterrent for future crimes?

Should we live in fear of the worst of us or in awe of the best of us?
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 18 May, 2013 12:38 am
This thread is a train wreck, my sincere condolences for the victims and their families, sad and terrible news.

60 injured, five critically, as trains collide in Connecticut
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/17/18326778-60-injured-five-critically-as-trains-collide-in-connecticut?lite
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 18 May, 2013 12:57 am
yikes!
Husband's Body Parts Found in Home of Ex-Wife: Police
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Husbands-Chopped-Up-Body-Found-Wife-Home-Danny-Burroughs-207871571.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 19 May, 2013 03:10 pm
8-year-old accidentally shot by brother in Baton Rouge
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/may/19/8-year-old-accidentally-shot-brother-baton-rouge/?CID=happeningnow

Another accident... Hope the gun is ok... be a shame if anyone tries to take their gun away...
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 19 May, 2013 06:02 pm
R.I.P. - This is Mark Carson, who was murdered in NYC by an anti-gay bigot.

He was told " “Do you want to die here?,” called 'faggot', and shot dead with a bullet into his face

Mark Carson was openly gay, and proud. Sadly, his life and the freedom to be who he was ended with a single bullet to his face allegedly fired by a raging homophobe with a violent past. The 32-year-old manager of a yogurt store was killed in what was known to be one of his favorite neighborhoods the West Village.

It’s clear he was killed only because and just because he was thought to be gay,” said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly

Police Commissioner Kelly also noted the spike in reports of anti-gay bias attacks, “about 13 up until this time last year. Now we have 22.”

Eugene Lovendusky is the co-founder of Queer Rising, an LGBT group which monitors such incidents. And he’s shocked by what happened to Mark Carson on Friday around midnight.

“Something like this which is extremely violent should be taken very seriously and for anyone to have fired the gun following what is investigated as anti-gay slurs makes someone like me and people in this neighborhood feel extremely unsafe,” said Eugene Lovendusky.

Commissioner Kelly says the suspect, 33-year-old Elliott Morales, shot Carson in front of his friend, after unleashing a series of anti-gay slurs at them.

Witnesses saw them come up behind them and heard the words faggot and queer at least two times.

Rookie officer Henry Hoyt busted Morales at West Third and MacDougal streets and recovered the gun. Morales has been charged with 2nd degree murder as a hate crime. Two others with him were questioned and cleared.

Read more: http://pix11.com/2013/05/19/man-gunned-down-for-being-openly-gay-in-greenwich-village/#ixzz2TmsGXhU9
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181282_10151463752598940_2076811146_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 20 May, 2013 11:09 pm
Here is what the republicans really think of life...

Pennsylvania Judge Sentenced For 28 Years For Selling Kids to the Prison System
http://blog.blacknews.com/2013/05/judge-mark-ciavarella-sentenced-selling-kids-prison-system101.html#.UZsADrU4uSp

Beyond words right now...

We can thank Obama for fixing this on his watch too... Something the reprobatelicans would have never done...
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 20 May, 2013 11:28 pm
Sending living children off to die while they stipulate population for more wars... Sounds like a world of hell.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 23 May, 2013 10:33 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Multiple Gunmen Open Fire During New Orleans’ Mother’s Day Parade, At Least 12 Injured
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/12/1999721/multiple-gunmen-open-fire-during-new-orleans-mothers-day-parade-at-least-12-injured/

Vote the republicans out....
I expect to vote in support of the Republicans.

David
RexRed

Fri 24 May, 2013 11:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You know David the republicans don't care one single bit about the militias...

Reagan and Bush were both for banning certain guns and ammo.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/george_w__bush_gun_control.htm

If you think the the republican's rich friends want the population (99%) armed you are one uninformed citizen... Remember it is the dems who believe in the rights of the people and its citizenry.

Go ahead vote for the republicans, see if it really makes you safer... See if they really care about the people considering how they have disfranchised people of color and the poor. The republicans don't give a flying hoot about you and your happy gun collection. They have spent millions to convince you otherwise.

I hate guns myself but as a liberal I do not forbid them. Only when the rich republicans keep arming crazies indiscriminately just to make a buck. These rich bastards don't care about you, your guns or anybody else.. they care about power and money, period.

The republicans have thrown our economy under the bus just to shield their rich cronies from paying their fair share of taxes... How can average citizens afford guns when they are too busy trying to make ends meet and paying for republican wars for oil? Do you really think the repugs care about you and your guns?
RexRed

Wed 29 May, 2013 07:52 pm
With great sadness I pass this story on... Sad

Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-preacher-who-raped-and-tortured-his-five-yearold-daughter-to-death-is-released-after-paying-blood-money-8480440.html
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 29 May, 2013 11:32 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
You know David the republicans don't care one single bit about the militias...
I don't either; its not much of an issue.
I 'm a conservative Republican.

RexRed wrote:
Reagan and Bush were both for banning certain guns and ammo.
IF Reagan supported that, its like
a leader of AA going on a drinking binge; an error.
The Bushes were never conservatives; I disapproved
of Reagan selecting Bush to balance off his own conservatism.

RexRed wrote:
If you think the the republican's rich friends want the population (99%) armed
you are one uninformed citizen...
Your allegation is false and without merit.

RexRed wrote:
Remember it is the dems who believe in the rights of the people and its citizenry.
Is that the reason
that the Democrats want every citizen to be well armed, like I do ???

RexRed wrote:
Go ahead vote for the republicans,
OK.

RexRed wrote:
see if it really makes you safer...
If I remain un-disturbed by government interference, I 'll be OK.

RexRed wrote:
See if they really care about the people considering
how they have disfranchised people of color and the poor.
1. I 'm white & well off.
2. Thay did not disenfranchise anyone,
tho thay HAVE tolerated children being disenfranchized.
I disapprove of that.

RexRed wrote:
The republicans don't give a flying hoot about you and your happy gun collection.
I don't need them to "CARE",
as long as thay keep government off my back.
That 's all I want.
Incidentally, I 'm one of them.

RexRed wrote:
They have spent millions to convince you otherwise.
We shud spend more, to get our message out better.
The G.O.P. is the more conservative
of the 2 parties; i.e., closer to the non-interference of Original Americanism.
I support laissez faire free enterprize
and the sparrow fart theory of government.

RexRed wrote:
I hate guns myself but as a liberal I do not forbid them.
Government has never had any authority to "forbid them", nor do u.
To be a liberal is only to distort and to deceive.
I rigidly adhere to Original Americanism.

RexRed wrote:
Only when the rich republicans keep arming crazies indiscriminately just to make a buck.
We did not "arm" anyone,
but we did not get in anyone 's way.
We don't give away guns any more than we give away food.

RexRed wrote:
These rich bastards don't care about you,
your guns or anybody else..
What makes u think that
I want them to "CARE"???????????
I never did. I only wanted them to be in-active
and do nothing, except to prevent Democrats from violating my rights
by unConstitutional legislation.

RexRed wrote:
they care about power and money, period.
I do; we all shud.

RexRed wrote:
The republicans have thrown our economy under the bus just to shield their rich cronies
from paying their fair share of taxes...
The rich have paid far too much in taxes.
Thay shud have giant refunds and immunity from taxes for many years,
in restitution. The poor have paid no where near their fair share.
Their taxes shud be raised. I favor repealing income tax
and amending the 16th Amendment so as to fund government
ONLY from sales taxes at the same rate for everyone,
tho there shud be a cap above which no citizen need pay more ($500,000),
because government does not earn it by its services.

RexRed wrote:
How can average citizens afford guns
when they are too busy trying to make ends meet
and paying for republican wars for oil?
Lemme get this straight:
u allege that Americans don't have good gun collections ???????
Have u checked our houses, to see what we have ????
We have nice gun collections.
Some friends of mine like to MAKE their own guns; happy gunsmiths.
( That is not to imply that thay did not already buy as many guns
in addition, as thay wanted. )

RexRed wrote:
Do you really think the repugs care about you and your guns?
I don't want anyone to care about ME.
I want all holders of public office to care about respecting
the limits on power imposed by the US Constitution.

David
RexRed

Thu 30 May, 2013 11:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Perhaps (God forbid) if it was your 6 year old gunned down in school by a crazy idiot you might be less "conservative"...

What about the first amendment right of the children gunned down by government neglect, paid for by the NRA? The first amendment was made to sometimes trump the second amendment. That is why it is first...

I am sure you also believe in free speech like yelling, "fire" in a movie theater...

Your myopic view speaks of lack of something vital in basic reasoning and understanding of social issues.

What does conservative mean? Hog all the money (with cut throat banking practices, no gun needed.) like the 1% has done, buy off the electorate and then try and politically wrench the military from our government (by promoting less government?????) and believe they will let you in the end keep your guns when they have all the money and might? Really? Remember it was once the rich that turned vast sections of the world population into slaves to pick their precious cotton... And you think they really don't mind industrial slaves being armed with the weaponry you so adore? Have some common sense David...

So that is what conservative means? Are we ruled by the electorate or by the oligarchy? I would prefer our constitution address that before it starts talking about guns...

I thought conservative meant the conservation of non renewable resources, not to waste our earth's resources like drunken sailors and call it free enterprise.

Liberty is for all... not just a few at the top. I highly disagree with you David, the republicans can't be trusted on anything... The dems entire philosophy requires that the population be armed to protect their own liberty, the very core principles of the liberal party... But liberty also requires that guns not be used by crazies to also degrade the pursuit of happiness of the common wealth.

How many jobs bills have the repugs filibustered? If they don't care about your jobs and food on the table for your family and a reasonable standard of living (they filibustered the minimum wage increase too) what really makes you think you can trust them on guns? And old fashioned belief that they are really conservative? The conservatives used to also be non racist till dollar signs became their only obsession.

They don't care if you have food to eat. BTW, the repugs are currently now voting on gutting the food stamps program from the poor, elderly and disabled... and thirty seven times have voted to end Obama Care that creates competition in the insurance industry and does away with the preexisting condition clause, "Oh sorry you paid for years on time for your insurance but you are denied your life saving claim because, an example, being a woman is a pre existing condition..." (along with many other trumped up preconditions) The insurance companies would rather see you die than pay up and you trust them to let you keep your guns?

The repugs have so desperately tried to bamboozle your heath care (spent millions of tax payer dollars to do so) and remove the safety net for low income, elderly and disabled people yet you trust them to protect your gun rights?

Headlines
Obamacare 37, Republicans 0: House GOP Loses Again on Repeal ...

And once again I am sure the conservative rich 1% want the 99% fully armed to the tee... There are holes in your logic that you could fit the grand canyon in...

Conservative = the rich
Liberal = the poor

The rich don't want the poor slaves of their greedy global industry "armed"...

You're a gullible fool David... I used to admire your intellect but now I tend to think you are not the sharpest tool in the shed. Twacked kinda fits actually.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Sun 2 Jun, 2013 10:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
quote. We shud spend more, to get our message out better.
The G.O.P. is the more conservative
of the 2 parties; i.e., closer to the non-interference of Original Americanism.
I support laissez faire free enterprize
and the sparrow fart theory of government. unquote.

You and your kind are not " Original American " so don't open your mouth and try to make your kind...the evile christians who invaded your so called America by force and imprisoned the the original inhabitants by calling that crap of Americanism. There is no such thing... dickhead.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hideous News
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:06:14