Data collection and analysis

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 05:54 am
Hi,
I need some help with data analysis and presentation. I had to look up a word on Google (a car brand) and analyse the first 50 results (on what type of web pages does the word appear). Any ideas on how I might present the result ? Maybe to include a chart, graph. Positive vs negative image of the brand. Should I insert the links and classify the web pages ? Should I work in Excel or Word ?
Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 717 • Replies: 1
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:18 am
@steven tom,
You should work in Excel or a similar spreadsheet program.

You should determine ahead of time how you are going to classify each webpage. You can use multiple categories for each page if that helps, so the first category might be type of page, review, advertisement, commercial web site, etc. The next category might be perception, positive or negative.

For each category, I suggest a bar chart showing the counts for each subcategory.

You should capture the links or a screen shot of the search so that if someone tries to repeat the exercise and gets slightly different results you can back up your original work.
0 Replies