Google = Untrusted connection?

boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2013 10:03 am
@DrewDad,
Okay. I'll try that.

Google seems to be working now but when I type in a search into my google toolbar the answers come up on Bing. I have no idea why this is happening. I can go to the address bar and type in google.com and then google something.

Mr. B is off today and I'm hoping he'll have a chance to look at things. I freely admit that I'm awful with this sort of thing!

I think the computer just likes to mess with my head. It's like playing "Portal" only with words.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2013 11:33 am
The certificate for the website you are connecting with may have expired. If you do a Windows Update, one of the non-critical update choices will be an updated list of current certificates. Microsoft issues new lists about every 6 months or so.

That may also solve the problem.
boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2013 11:42 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks! I'll look into that too!
0 Replies

snj

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 12:58 am
@boomerang,
click on the help button of your firefox,click about firefox and finally click on the button check for updates
0 Replies

foyejstuart

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 03:17 am
@boomerang,
I also have the same problem. I am using chrome browser. One's I uninstalled is reinstalled it then problem was solved.
0 Replies

wyorocks

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 11:25 am
@boomerang,
How to fix: Your system date is wrong.
0 Replies

manishsharma12

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 06:16 am
To establish an HTTPS connection, the browser needs to trust the SSL/TLS cert installed on the search appliance. In the case where the browser displays this error, the search appliance has an SSL cert which is either self-signed or the signing certificate of authority is not trusted by your browser's configuration.
0 Replies