Ecological situation gets worse as Europe uses more coal

janis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
As you might know these days America actively produces the shale gas and the biggest part of its coal resources go to Europe, where it started pushing out gas. Of course coal is much cheaper but the same time it's more harmful and ecological situation in Europe begin to change. I'm very disappointed by that because we made a great work to achieve and implement highest ecological standards, but now everything goes back so I wonder why we should sacrifice nature and use coal. Maybe gas is expensive but it is cleaner and we can develop technologies that will make use of gas even more efficient and this will allow us to keep nature and air clean. Obviously industrial sphere is interested in lower prices for energy, but who will take care about nature? I think we have to make some steps and introduce some duty to make purchase of coal unprofitable so we could keep our air clean. I'm very concerned about that because we can damage our environment so much and we won't be able to restore it. So I wonder is savings worth it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 610 • Replies: 0
No top replies