The Joe Biden Thread

JTT

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 05:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
"Well, he would be crazy not to keep his options open," staffers started saying then, whenever the 2016 issue came up.

Fer sure fer sure, PigPen. Keep yer options open. It ain't everyday that a fella gets to become a major war criminal and terrorist.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 08:30 pm
He was only 46 years old. May he rest in peace.

BEAU BIDEN, SON OF VP JOE BIDEN, DIES OF BRAIN CANCER

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden has died from brain cancer, that according to a statement from his father Vice President Joe Biden and family.

Beau, who was also a member of the Delaware National Guard, died from brain cancer. He was 46.

He had been hospitalized earlier this month at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. At the time the vice president's office declined to say why he was being treated.

Despite a valiant fight, Beau passed away on Saturday night. He was surrounded by his entire family including his wife, children, parents and siblings.

The family released a statement that reads:

It is with broken hearts that Hallie, Hunter, Ashley, Jill and I announce the passing of our husband, brother and son, Beau, after he battled brain cancer with the same integrity, courage and strength he demonstrated every day of his life.

The entire Biden family is saddened beyond words. We know that Beau's spirit will live on in all of us-especially through his brave wife, Hallie, and two remarkable children, Natalie and Hunter.

Beau's life was defined by service to others. As a young lawyer, he worked to establish the rule of law in war-torn Kosovo. A major in the Delaware National Guard, he was an Iraq War veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star. As Delaware's Attorney General, he fought for the powerless and made it his mission to protect children from abuse.

More than his professional accomplishments, Beau measured himself as a husband, father, son and brother. His absolute honor made him a role model for our family. Beau embodied my father's saying that a parent knows success when his child turns out better than he did.

In the words of the Biden family: Beau Biden was, quite simply, the finest man any of us have ever known.

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wpvi/images/cms/756921_630x354.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 08:32 pm
I just read about that. It's a real shame. I am fond of the Bidens.
jcboy

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 08:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Same here, and so young, 46 years old. Very sad day.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:01 pm
@jcboy,
Sad news. Far too young.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:03 pm
@jcboy,
Its too bad, Beau was a real asset to the Delaware state Government. Hed be a visible member of the comunity all over the state and he was especially hated by the plutocratic class of Delaware that is composed of entire families of people whove NEVER EVER WORKED DAY IN THEIR LIVES..
I know that looks heartless but I always judge people by the quality of their enemies. and he had drawn the line with the elites of the state.

His brain cancer was known publically for a couple of years and when he collapsed in one of his stump speeches in Rehoboth (I believe) about a year ago. They took him to Houston for treatment where the Bidens tried to cover it up but it was, I think, the Wilmington Papers that covered a "sort of" review f his life as if the prognosis was grave.
even then.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:13 am
I remember him. When I worked for Biden, Beau and Hunt were teenagers.

People might not recall, but this is the second time Joe has buried one of his children.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 07:39 am
@jespah,
Rest in Peace, Beau. You did well and will be missed.

Glitterbag started a thread on this too.
0 Replies