BillRM

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here are the five US states that does not have a sale tax Alaska
Delaware Montana New Hampshire Oregon where in the future it might be a good idea to have an IP address local in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 04:07 pm
@BillRM,
It will not take long before most state governments will create legislation that makes the avoidance of sales and nonpayment of income taxes illegal with high penalties. It's just a matter of time.

Income tax evasion is already a crime in most states - if not all.
BillRM

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 04:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
t will not take long before most state governments will create legislation that makes the avoidance of sales and income taxes illegal with high penalties. It's just a matter of time.

So? It is now illegal to buy illegal drugs on the net worldwide and it is now being done in a very open manner see my silk road posting for details.

Laws are not magic they need to be able to be enforce to have any meaning at all.

cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 05:00 pm
@BillRM,
CLUE: We're not talking about illegal drugs. Stick with the topic if that's possible.
BillRM

Tue 16 Apr, 2013 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
CLUE: We're not talking about illegal drugs. Stick with the topic if that's possible

Sorry if for some strange reason you do not see the connection that if drugs laws.are so hard to enforce on the internet that drugs are being sold openly then enforcing states sale taxes laws might even be harder task to do.

Well we shut down the silk road for not collecting NY sale taxes even those we could not do so for the drug sales themselves.
cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 09:02 am
@BillRM,
So, you're saying the use of bitcoins to avoid taxes is okay, because drug trafficking is okay? LOL You're really stupid! I'm otta here.
BillRM

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 09:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
So, you're saying the use of bitcoins to avoid taxes is okay, because drug trafficking is okay? LOL You're really stupid! I'm otta here.

You are an idiot if an amusing idiot at times.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 10:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Kurgman calls bitcoins an "antisocial medium" to which I agree.
rosborne979

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Kurgman calls bitcoins an "antisocial medium" to which I agree.

Does he say the same thing about bartering for services or goods?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I not sure that having an "antisocial medium" or two is a bad thing.
cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Not for those who "believe in them." I don't. You cannot divorce money from societies or social interaction.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 04:26 pm
Quote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324493704578431000719258048.html

By ANDREW R. JOHNSON

The fervor over the digital currency Bitcoin has drawn interest from two of the world's largest movers of money.

Western Union Co. WU -0.28% and MoneyGram International Inc. MGI +1.18% are studying ways their customers could use their services to send and receive money transfers denominated in bitcoins, the companies' executives say.

Both companies run remittance networks commonly used by immigrants to send money to friends and family members in foreign countries. Western Union also operates a business-solutions unit that helps companies send payments to other businesses.

The firms have no immediate plans to add Bitcoin to the more-than-100 currencies in which each company processes transactions. But both say the increasing popularity of the virtual money has prompted them to consider whether they should make it available in the future.

"If Bitcoin continues to grow and the value is defined more internationally, we may find an opportunity for Bitcoin to be used to pay for commerce transactions through a Western Union business solution," said David Thompson, an executive vice president and chief information officer of Western Union.
cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 04:53 pm
@BillRM,
bm Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Senate bill jeopardizes tax-free online shopping
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

How you can avoid online shopping …
WASHINGTON (AP) — States could force Internet retailers to collect sales taxes under a bill that overwhelmingly passed a test vote in the Senate Monday.
Under current law, states can only require stores to collect sales taxes if the store has a physical presence in the state. As a result, many online sales are essentially tax-free, giving Internet retailers a big advantage over brick-and-mortar stores.
The bill would allow states to require online retailers to collect state and local sales taxes for purchases made over the Internet. The sales taxes would be sent to the states where shoppers live.
The Senate voted 74 to 20 to begin debating the bill. If that level of support continues, the Senate could pass the bill as early as this week.
Supporters say the bill is about fairness for businesses and lost revenue for states. Opponents say it would impose complicated regulations on retailers and doesn't have enough protections for small businesses. Businesses with less than $1 million a year in online sales would be exempt.
BillRM

Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well it would cause one hell of a lot of "small companies" to be set up and once more how in the hell do you find where the shopper/buyers live?

The no sale tax states are going to have one hell of an increased in populations and these new states citizens will be buying a lot of gifts to people living in the other states.

An that is without the aid of bitcoins.

Should be amusing trying to enforce that kind of law.
cicerone imposter

Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:11 pm
@BillRM,
You just don't understand how taxation laws work.

When anyone avoids paying taxes, it's illegal. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, because it seems that's the only way you'll learn something.
BillRM

Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You just don't understand how taxation laws work.

When anyone avoids paying taxes, it's illegal. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, because it seems that's the only way you'll learn something.

LOL and I mean LOL there is nothing magical about laws they needed to be enforceable and such a taxing law is not off hand enforceable.

By the way the US colonies and some of our founding fathers before the revolution was breaking the good king tax laws on a large scale by for example bringing in "illegal" teas and in fact the Boston tea party was the result of dropping the taxes and bringing in dirt cheap tea legally threatening the welfare of local businesses with warehouse full of smuggle tea that would had been undercut.

The friendly Canadians come over the border in the thousands and ten of thousands every weekend in the Detroit area and buy goods at far lower tax rates and bring them home in an illegal manner.

As far as it the law so what as after the 18 amendment passed it was illegal to buy/sell/drink alcohol in the US and that did not work out either as it was not enforceable.

Once more laws need to be enforceable or they have no meaning.

BillRM

Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
By the way I wish that the Canadian government could enforced it sale tax laws or at least I do when I have a hard time finding a parking place at Costco due to the lot being full of the Canadians buying goods to "smuggle" back home on the weekend.

By the way every once in a blue moon I read how the Canadian government is going to go to Costco and such places and record the license numbers of the Canadians cars but as far as I know nothing ever come of it.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:45 pm
@BillRM,
And just by the way, tax avoidance is NOT illegal. Tax evasion is.
cicerone imposter

Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:57 pm
@roger,
Thanks for that correction, Roger. Embarrassed

From Wiki.
Quote:
Tax noncompliance
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Taxation

Tax noncompliance is a range of activities that are unfavorable to a state's tax system. This may include tax avoidance, which is tax reduction by legal means, and tax evasion which is the criminal non-payment of tax liabilities.[1]
0 Replies