BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're looking in the past; I'm talking about current issues about paying taxes.

Every year there are an army of lobbyists getting special benefits and tax laws for the supper rich at the expense of the middle and lower classes.

In the case of the US congress it ten lobbyiets for every congress person.

It is hardly in the past.
cicerone imposter

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:20 pm
@BillRM,
They're doing it "legally." If you don't like what your congressman is doing, force them out! Or at the very least, don't vote for them. That's 'your' choice.
BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
it's no different than filing their income tax returns.

LOL.......and you are self reporting your purchases on the internet and paying sale taxes on them????????

I have always wishes to meet someone that have done so...............
BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I
Quote:
f you don't like what your congressman is doing, force them out!

Serfs do not for the most part get meaningful votes and with more and more congressional districts being gerrymander to a fine degree that is more and more true.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:43 pm
@BillRM,
Of coarse. Many of my purchases are electronics, but local stores match internet prices, so I pay sales taxes on my purchases.

It's very simple. Amazon also collects sales taxes on their sales in California.
BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So let get this very clear in the case of your internet purchases that are not reported to the state of CA you then filled out the form and pay sale taxes on them?
cicerone imposter

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 03:58 pm
@BillRM,
They are reported and paid on the income tax returns.
BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They are reported and paid on the income tax returns.

So you reported all internet purchases on your CA income tax form is that what y0u are telling me?
cicerone imposter

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 04:16 pm
@BillRM,
As I've said, I make my purchases from local merchants, and amazon collects sales taxes on our purchases.

What more needs to be reported besides our income?
cicerone imposter

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 04:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not sure why you're drilling me; I pay all the necessary sales taxes on our purchases. You're the one who needs to be reported to the government authorities.
BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 04:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're the one who needs to be reported to the government authorities.

Go right ahead and all they would need to do is spend roughly a hundred thousands dollars or so to track me down for a tax bill of less then a hundred dollars........LOL

My bet assuming you are telling the truth is that you are a proud and lonely fool even in CA.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
By the way getting the government to waste resources seems a great means of limiting their power.

For example when going through US custom on returning to the US I would never unlock my netbook for them to look at.

Let them, if they desire to, spend a million dollars or so attacking the security of a 100 dollars netbook for no gain at all even if they did break my security.

All I would need to do is go onto Ebay on getting home and buy another netbook and then restore my software data from my backups.

They could keep the netbook that they seized.

It would not take too many people doing that to just ruin their budget.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 07:07 am
{Cough, cough ... Ponzi scheme:]

Bottom falls out of Bitcoin Currency Exchange

Anyone shocked?

http://news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-39-website-down-053727771--sector.html
oralloy

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 06:42 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
{Cough, cough ... Ponzi scheme:]

Nonsense.
BillRM

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 06:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Nonsense

Bitcoin have nothing to do with the concept of a Ponzi scheme and in a year it went from 30 dollars to over a thousand and this set back only cut that in half and that for a short time frame.

I need to buy a few thousand dollars worth before it recover.
oralloy

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:22 pm
@BillRM,
I've thought of BitCoin mining, just because I like the BitCoin concept and want to support them. If I got some BitCoins, that would be cool, but it wouldn't be my reason for doing it.

However, I don't know how things would work out with my dialup connection. If they need me to do some calculations on a transaction and get the results back to them, and I spend five days downloading the data before I can even start crunching it, I'll probably be more of a hindrance than a help.
Thomas

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:44 am
@Ragman,

Not me. The technology of Bitcoin is nifty, but the monetary economics of it never made sense to me.
Lordyaswas

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:49 am
@Thomas,
Nor me.

I'm not interested in 'virtual' gold bars that prop up a currency.

Sometimes, there's none so daft as folk.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:16 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
The technology of Bitcoin is nifty, but the monetary economics of it never made sense to me.

It's the same concept that is behind paper currency. People trade currency for goods, and trade goods for currency.
Lordyaswas

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:18 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Thomas wrote:
The technology of Bitcoin is nifty, but the monetary economics of it never made sense to me.

It's the same concept that is behind paper currency. People trade currency for goods, and trade goods for currency.

But that paper money is basically a promise to pay on demand, and the institution that made the promise has several hundred truck loads of gold bullion to back up that promise.

Big difference.