Social Plugins and Blog Updates on Facebook Page

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 06:47 pm
Please help...we set up a Facebook page about a week ago. I tried to link your website blog to the page with no success. We lost all of your social plugins from the admin page. Is there a way to reset the page without losing all of our likes that we already received? Also if anyone knows how to have website blogs update on the page that would be great too. Thanks!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 607 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 06:55 pm
@JasonStone,
If you've got a Wordpress blog, I'm pretty sure you can use one of their plugins for sending the blog posts to FB, or try HootSuite for that.
JasonStone

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 07:58 pm
@jespah,
Yes I have Wordpress. I have tried to use their plugins but the setup instructions that are provided are outdated. I am thinking that Facebook changed things up and do not allow this anymore, or at least for free.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you know if there is any way to contact a techie within Facebook to help me reset my social plugin settings?
jespah

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 05:06 am
@JasonStone,
I have jetpack and twitter tools for wordpress. And I have hootsuite. My tweets come through just fine, and my blog posts go to twitter. That may be the way to get it done but I think I recall blog posts going directly to FB in addition to twitter.

All of this is for free - I don't think FB has eliminated this as a freebie as it is a way to get decent content in. Understand that the real customers of FB are not its users; it's FB's advertisers. So anything that improves content for them is likely to remain supported, or at least not actively blocked.

If plugin instructions are outdated, you can usually contact the creators of the plugins. If that fails, you can try wordpress's own support forums. I would go through all of that before FB support.
JasonStone

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 11:11 am
@jespah,
OK thanks for the suggestions!
0 Replies