How Do You Decorate Your Christmas Tree?

ul

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:44 am
Getting ready to decorate the tree. Smile
Old silver coated ornaments, which were handed down from from our grandparents), some ornaments we bought and which have a special memory,for the children handmade wooden toys and a special chocolate in the branches just above the floor. Real candles, and my Snowman, which glows in the dark.

Today I read about a scientific project. They put a tree in a CT. Smile

http://static.orf.at/science/storyimg/storypart_99250.gi

http://static.orf.at/science/storyimg/storypart_99252.gif

http://static.orf.at/science/storyimg/storypart_99258.gif
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:52 am
ul...interesting images!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 12:01 pm
We have a really really nice tree this year (we always get a live tree, with varied success). It's little (5 '?) and very very full and smells wonderful and the very nice guy at the tree place chopped off several of the bottom branches for me when I told him I planned to do it at home, saving me a lot of trouble, and those have become wreaths and various decorations (like "bouquets" in a victorian red and gold cut glass sugar and creamer set I have, etc.)

Anyway, the tree is so nice all by itself that we haven't decorated it yet. Exclamation I plan to make cookie decorations today with the sozlet, from a recipe in the NYT by Nigella Lawson which includes a generous amount of pepper -- perfectly edible but not palatable for the kiddies. We have lots of delicate glass ornaments that we won't be putting up this year because she's a little monkey and I just don't want to have to worry about it. Will put up some of the non-breakables above her reach, though, and then just let her mess around with the cookie ornaments. (Take them off, put them back, etc.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 12:10 pm
Just saw a film on tv, where some people bought christmas tree decoration in Paris - the price was about that one of my car, NEW!

sozobe

Best christmas wishes to sozlet!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 01:00 am
For those, who don't have a christmas tree, here is another possibilty: decoarte one online (and you even can send it as an ecard):

Virtual Christmas Tree Decoration
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:02 am
Oh, that's cool, Walter!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 05:02 pm
Walter..great link..simple fun, thanks!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 06:16 pm
Awwwww man.....I need another obsession like a hole in the head!

Thanks Walter! (It really is cool!!) :wink:
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 06:41 pm
I prefer to leave the house and let the kids do it. Mom and I went to the city to a eat and enjoy ourselves.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:11 pm
What christmas tree? We haven't put up or bought a christmas tree in about 25 years, because our children are all grown up, and we don't get that many visitors during the christmas holiday. Our primary holiday is New Year's Day, and we'll get about 25 people to visit us. Then, during the month of January, we host our annual White Elephant Party at our house. This year, it's going to be on January 11. We're expecting about 16 people. c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:14 pm
A 'White Elephant Party', c.i.?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 02:19 am
A kind of "after-christmas-giving-away-gifts-party", isn't it, c.i.?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 11:08 am
Walter, You're pretty close. We gift wrap presents that have never been used, and put them in big shopping bags. We put numbers on the shopping bags, and the person with the lowest number picks first. Number one is the best number, because they also get the last pick. If a person likes something somebody else already picked, they are allowed to 'take away' that gift, but it's limited to three times. We also have a 'routine' gift that is included every year. A very ugly, wood driftwood, shaped like a man's appendage. As you can imagine, we all get a good laugh when somebody picks that 'gift.' c.i.
0 Replies