[answered]Modifying signature

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:45 pm
I was in the mood to change my signature line, so I did. However, I can't make any of the 'functions' work - I was trying to either make the signature indigo or smaller (font 8). Each time I made the changes, and put in the [ ] and [/], they [] disappeared after I 'submitted'.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,256 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:47 pm
I've had the same experience. I suspect that function was removed to prevent people from putting links, gif's, etc. in their siganture lines.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:51 pm
hmmmmm, the signature i just got rid of was indigo. must be a recent change. darn. oh well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:53 pm
Since this has now been marked as answered, it would appear Setanta's assumption was right. I guess I'll have to go find another signature, cuz I sure don't like the way this one looks full size.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:44 am
Yes, Setanta is correct. We were getting too many people using their sig lines as advertisements.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 12:00 pm
I still change what I have written in the signature, though not often enough; when I do, there is some time of typing gap going on, so that the letters of a word don't appear as instantly as usual. Taffy typing, I call it. That's not a complaint, it still works.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 12:33 pm
I plan to look into changing it so that BBcode is possible. On a long to do list.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 06:59 pm
Phew to it not being me goofin' up. I thought I had a slight grasp on coding, and thought, well, I'd lost my grip. Shocked
0 Replies