Child death after born

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 02:04 am
I know 1 girl of age 33 whose 8 brothers and sisters died after born. She is having 1 brother who is aged 25 i.e. 8 yrs smaller than her.

My question is what can be the medical reasons behind death of her brothers / sisters after born. Is there any chances of diseases which are heriditary?
If she marries today, can her child also faces same problem?
Thelessemmia is tested. She neither has minor or major thelesemmia.

pls give advise at top priority.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 792 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:24 am
@tejas dalal,
There can be any number of reasons, but that number of deaths would likely result in either an inquest (if foul play was suspected) or an investigation into a hospital's practices.

A tip - if you are close to this woman, ask her. If she is someone you are considering marrying, maybe ask her to get genetics counseling with you. And keep in mind that, if having a child with her is not a good idea, there are other ways to become a parent. Don't use it as an excuse if you don't wish to marry - and don't call off a wedding because of such things.

If you're not that close to her, then you're just being nosy and should butt out.
0 Replies