HUMANITY'S OLDEST SOURCE OF HUMOR . . .

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:12 am
. . . has to be farts--farting, fart jokes, making fart-like noises. Don't lie to me, and, more importantly, don't lie to yourselves. One hundred thousand years ago, a hunter-gatherer band is schlepping their few paltry possessions across the mountain pass. It's a hard slog, everyone's tired, everyone wants to find a place to camp for the night . . . so Thag tiptoes up behind Gurp, and makes a loud fart noise. Then he dances away, holding his nose and pointing at Gurp. Everyone cracks up, the mood lightens. Best of all, with fart jokes, you don't have to be brilliant.

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:24 am

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:50 am
Brilliant ! ! !
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:23 am
@Setanta,
Truly the oldest source of humor comes from prostitutes telling those fart jokes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:32 am
Professionally speaking . . .
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:18 am
MattDavis told me to convey this question to you guys for discussion -"Are farts universally funny?" - because he's in rectal uproar at the moment. Unfortunately, he's a vegan.
Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 09:13 am
@Ice Demon,
He's a vegan? You mean he lets killer farts like Spock?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 09:39 am
@Setanta,
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 01:35 pm
@Setanta,
I am delighted that farts are an old and dependable source of humor...mostly because I have a gas problem that simply cannot be cured and I fart a lot. Nice to know that the embarrassment I feel when one cracks out at an inopportune time...may be adding to the humor quotient in lives around me.

A secondary reason for being delighted, though, has to do with another constant source of humor...which has more serious consequences than farts.

For some reason, people seem to think that one of the funniest things in the world is seeing some guy get clocked in the nuts. It seems as though everyone thinks that to be the height of humor. Watch an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos ...a program I have come to loathe...and you will see a half dozen instances of guys getting their balls worked over by punches, thrown objects, or by accidents that have a guy painfully straddling a bicycle or hand-railing or something.

Farts stink; getting pounded in the nuts hurts. I vote or farts.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I seen this on tv last night, it takes all sorts....

Rumour has it, he turned gay after that.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:51 pm
This was on the same show, man I laughed so much at this and he's a ringer for my favourite Irish Politician.... drink eh!.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmcvlAArFEAFnUqDOtdOEPPWYr-eXoausUhr4roWQoeMNzSxLsHQ
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:02 pm

of course, no fart thread would be complete without...

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:17 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Best of all, with fart jokes, you don't have to be brilliant.

It's good to see you've found a place where you're comfortable, Set.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:20 pm
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:29 pm
@Setanta,

I think this one got the tele-evangelist allll upset.

But it is hilarious.
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think farts are proof of duality.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:43 pm
I shamelessly stole this from the "really bad jokes" thread but it's worth repeating here:

Question: Why do farts smell?

Answer: It's an aid for the hearing-impaired.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:45 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5275793)
I think farts are proof of duality.

And I think farts should come without lumps. But that is not always the case!
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:55 pm
Do you think the Hippo was telling them something?.

Everybody's Mother in Law.
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:00 pm
My dear gentlemen and non-ladies,
In my research surrounding the female of the species of human, there have been an acclaimed assertion that passing of the wind is not possible because the cavity just below the philtrum does not close long enough for any difference in pressure to build up towards the anal oriface. For the purpose of answering this enquiry and to provide the male of the species infinite satisfaction, I have conducted empirical experiments. And it is with great satisfaction that I report to you all that if the female of the species closes long enough the immediate cavity below the philtrum, and follows a proper vegan diet to build up vast mass of putrid roughage matter contained in the intestinal places, the hypothesis is correct, and the female does pass wind.
Permit me then humbly to propose my evidence.
http://stalinsmoustache.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/fart06a.jpg?w=510

1. Forums
  2. » HUMANITY'S OLDEST SOURCE OF HUMOR . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:54:49