answers

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 10:53 am
We all want answers, and answers right now. The problem with this is, you only confuse yourself as you ask a pastor or, read online about other opinions of religious topics. No one can truly tell you what to believe, because what you believe is directly correlated with what you experience. Its scary thinking of some testimonies of people who claim this or that, but i havent experienced what this person went through, and i dont even know if all those testimonies of dying and seeing the afterlife are true or not. It makes you want answers right then and there as you are horrified by the possiblity that what that guy experienced was real. How to react to something like this, do you believe all these testimonies? cus if if they are real, then that makes life shitty
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 984 • Replies: 3

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:20 am
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 12:28 pm
@agreen325i,
agreen325i wrote:

We all want answers, and answers right now.

Says who?! Some people like or even love the mystery that is life.
Quote:
How to react to something like this, do you believe all these testimonies? cus if if they are real, then that makes life shitty

Simply don't read that propaganda garbage. I don't and NEVER will.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 12:54 pm
@agreen325i,
Quote:
We all want answers, and answers right now. The problem with this is,
Part of the problem is, we want digital answers in an analog world where the general rule is, nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else; so for instance there's our intuitive reaction to abortion, with the morning-after pill okay (religion aside) and partial-birth positively horrible; then there's freewill v determinism

http://able2know.org/topic/208231-6#bottom

Quote:
…….and i dont even know if all those testimonies of dying and seeing the afterlife are true or not.
They're allegorical, asserts the pantheist. Prayer for instance: She talking to Herself. Does She hear you

Well, sure, that is, unless you can't hear yourself think. We assert that She doesn't answer; but She does. You responding to yourself afterward is Her talking to you

Quote:
……. that what that guy experienced was real. How to react to something like this, do you believe all these testimonies?…...
Again, in a metaphorical way, no need for excessive concern
0 Replies