Medical Receptionist job app question

Zunked

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 09:18 pm
Hi, I am applying for a job for medical receptionist in Brisbane. There are a few things i am unsure about under Essential selection criteria. Can someone please let me know what "completion of an Associate Diploma with relevant work experience in General Practice" means? experience in General Practice - as in GP Doctors ? I have worked as a Dentist Receptionist which although in the health field is not a GP. Also Associate Diploma what does this mean?? I did my schooling in New Zealand and have not come across this title before.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,720 • Replies: 3
No top replies

margo

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:17 am
@Zunked,
Perhaps in Queensland there is some sort of qualification at Assoc. Diploma level for medical receptionists. I'm not aware of it - but then...I don't live in Queensland.

They are also asking for relevant work experience in general practice - and yes - that does mean in a doctor's surgery.

I would suggest you contact the practice and ask them about the qualification required. If they're making it an "essential criteria" then this may not be the job for you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:55 am
@Zunked,
My opinion comes from the US. A requirement for an associate degree is probably a firm requirement, though I notice they didn't specify any particular field. As for the relevant work experience, I wouldn't let that stop me from applying. Around here, they get carried away with job requirements, and often take the best they can get, regardless.
Zunked

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 01:26 am
@roger,
Ok thanks Smile I am about to apply, its then up to them whether i fit the criteria - i can imagine for some roles it must be near impossible to find the perfect candidate with every box ticked.
0 Replies