Profile and page confusion/mess; looking to link them.

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:27 am
Ok, so i went to start a facebook account from scratch, knowing nothing, and figured making a band/public figure/ musician page was what i wanted. So i created it using an email i have. then, i discovered that although this is what i want, that i also want a profile page, and to have them linked. so i went and created one, unfortunately under another email, which i wish i could prevent. one email for both would be ideal.

so then i had 2 accounts, and searched for a way to conglomerate them. but, when i found the method of adding my business as an employer it seemed to link me to some other page that hadn't been created yet.

on my business page, i had gone through and made my domain simple, my business name, and i'd like to keep it that way.

so, i think what i'd like to do is to somehow build a new profile or something that i could link properly to my business page? or idk really how to go about it.

what i do know is i want to keep my business page domain name, and have my profile nicely linked to it, and ideally, if possible, have them both function under one email.

i will love you forever if you can help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 719 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:36 am
@Facenoob,
Close the personal account, and just use the business account, with the business email.
Facenoob

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 12:00 pm
@jespah,
but i'd like a personal profile linked to my business page. i would like both. a business page doesn't let you have friends and whatnot, which is good, but i want to have a page that does have friends and things like that, and that is working in tandem with my business page, making it easy for my profile people to like the page and things like that.
jespah

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 01:04 pm
@Facenoob,
Personal account = you. As an individual, you can be an employee of any company, including the one for which you've made a page.

Business account = company. As a business, that account can make anyone a content creator of the business page.

Use the business account to be the owner of the business page. Use the personal account as a content creator (you will need to designate such through your business account, as it is the page owner) on the business.

Business account posts to the business page. E. g. Widgets101 posts a link to a blog or whatever. Personal account shares those links, and can also create content on the page, and can toggle between using FB as Widgets101 or using FB as Jane Smith or whatever your personal account name is.
Facenoob

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 02:01 pm
@jespah,
i see, that sounds more like what i'd want. how do i set that up?

also, how could i get this http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=664178628693 to work correctly? did it not find my business page because it is too private? i have everything very private while i set it all up.

(link i posted shows how to use workplace info on profile as link to business page)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 02:03 pm
http://www.facebook.com/help/323502271070625/
Facenoob

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 02:07 pm
@jespah,
so i make my profile page an admin for my business page? i'd like my pages to be connected in an automatic way. where users can easily navigate from my profile page to my business page, and my business page could automatically post stuff on my profile page, but not so much vice versa.
Facenoob

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 02:24 pm
@Facenoob,
Is there a reason i wouldn't want to make my profile a full manager rather than just a content creator? seems like that might be more simple, so i could just do absolutely everything from my other account.

i would still like to be able to setup an easy way for my friends of my profile to interact with my business page, and see posts on my business page, ideally like my business page from my profile page, but a link that would take them from my profile to my business page like in the video i posted would be great, but like i said, when i tried that, for some reason it didn't link to my business page, but seemed to create a brand new empty one at some auto-generated domain.
0 Replies