That last line ain't funny. It's true.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:16 pm
gotta laugh so we don't cry
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:26 pm
Here's a clue, this article is complete bullshit.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
...uh...no kidding?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:52 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Here's a clue, this article is complete bullshit.

wow....who knew?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:53 pm
In regard to the last line, the AG said no such thing.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 07:16 pm
I always thought teachers were in severe need of waterboarding.
parados

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 09:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I always thought teachers were in severe need of waterboarding.

Teachers would have no problem surviving waterboarding. They survive having to chaperon students at lunch time.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 11:00 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

In regard to the last line, the AG said no such thing.

wow, the one part of the post I thought was deadly serious. I'm losing my ability to trust anyone.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 02:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
The point behind the quote is better applicable to the ideology of oppressive groups such as the Taliban, but it's patently ridiculous to attribute it to the AG or to the administration, or the US government in general, for that matter.
parados

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 02:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
I think the whole article's intent was to be patently ridiculous. It seems it failed at that since the subtle satire has eluded some.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 03:42 pm
@parados,
Yeah, I know it was satire, but others seem to have taken it literally.

Also, the satire was inept, unless there's some context that wasn't provided, that I'm not aware of.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 05:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Also, the satire was inept, unless there's some context that wasn't provided, that I'm not aware of.

You don't seem to be very much aware of anything here. "Others have taken it literally"? What others? You're the only one who seems to have taken it literally. Imo, as satire it's absolutely hilarious and far from "inept." It's been posted on another thread as well by another poster to much 'up-thumbing.'
dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 06:46 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I love it!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:44 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

You don't seem to be very much aware of anything here. "Others have taken it literally"? What others? You're the only one who seems to have taken it literally. Imo, as satire it's absolutely hilarious and far from "inept." It's been posted on another thread as well by another poster to much 'up-thumbing.'

Now I feel bullied and my self esteem is battered and bruised. I think I'll have a good cry. Damn these ego destroying thumbs.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:46 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

I took your response, not the lame satire, literally. Thanks for the clarification.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:51 am
Infrablue wrote:
the lame satire,

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I have seen this satire several years ago and always found it funny since then.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 11:36 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Infrablue wrote:
the lame satire,

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I have seen this satire several years ago and always found it funny since then.

Thanks for acknowledging my entitlement. I find this satire-- what with its play on the fact that the word "algebra" is derived from Arabic, tying it in with Arabophobia and Islamophobia, and then attempting to make a statement about government and anti-education--to be puerilely sophomoric.

But your opinion is duly noted.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 11:49 am
@InfraBlue,
I think you're taking the entire thing too seriously. You think it's stupid...we get it. Some think it isn't. We get it. Let it go and relax. Very Happy