Help with bullying and harrasment!

Elsie87

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 09:46 am
Someone I knew has started a hate campaign against me on facebook. This I can handle. What he has now done is, take photos from my profile, editing them to say vile things and then posting them around. When I reported them, Facebook said that it didn't "Violate their terms of Bullying and Harassment" It does!! They are photos of me being used to bully and harass.
Can someone please tell me how I get these photos removed?
Many thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,163 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 10:10 am
@Elsie87,
Contact Facebook again. This time, threaten to go to the local press about it. If they don't give you satisfaction, then do so.

Facebook does not want bad publicity. There's usually a crusading reporter in most moderate-sized cities (e. g. some sort of consumer affairs reporter). Contact that person.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 02:27 pm
@Elsie87,
Also, spend some time learning how to tighten up the privacy of your Facebook page and photo albums, then do it.

This will help:

http://facecrooks.com/Internet-Safety-Privacy/how-to-lockdown-your-facebook-account-for-maximum-privacy-and-security.html
0 Replies

Elsie87

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 05:11 pm
@Elsie87,
Thank you for the replies. I have an appointment with the local police tomorrow about the situation as some of it is getting too much. Also, he may now have copies of these photos on his laptop.

I have tightened up my privacy but I want to keep him on there so I can see anything else he post about me.

I can find no way of contacting Facebook direct to make the threat of going to the press. They seemed to have removed any way of being able to write down your problems. It is all done by reporting now.

If you have any links or suggestions on how to contact them, please let me know.
jespah

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 05:20 pm
@Elsie87,
Try this.
https://www.facebook.com/help/174210519303259
0 Replies