I wonder if Bank of America has been hacked again by Anonymous...

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:42 am
I went to the Bank of America site a half hour ago and got a We're doing a maintenance upgrade, come back at 5:00AM. [paraphrased]. Confusingly that was about 12:00PM today.

Now I'm getting the following message:
Quote:
Thank you for visiting bankofamerica.com

Our site is temporarily unavailable. We know your banking is important and appreciate your patience.

Can we help you find other ways to access your account?

Out of mere speculation when you find out after the fact that your bank has been attacked and suffered a denial of service attack or other major hacking job, what do you personally do? Close your account and move to another bank? Just check your bank account at an ATM and find out that if your account was compromised? Or just grumble to yourself and hope it doesn't inconvenience you again?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,609 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:48 am
@tsarstepan,
I swore off any and all dealings with B of A years ago.

I would suggest you switch your holdings to a less evil purveyor of bankitude...
jcboy

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:52 am
I use Chase Bank, funny because their site was down for a bit this morning too. I have a Chase app on my iPhone, everytime my debit card is used within seconds I get an alert on my phone.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:56 am
@Rockhead,
I'm financially addicted to the convenience of BofA. Not as ubiquitous as Chase. They're on almost every corner.

Plus I really love the 'round up' feature. If you buy something using your debit card for say $1.01, then BofA transfers $0.99 from your checking account into your savings account.

I'm still waiting for WikiLeaks to come forward with their purported BofA surprise scandal or did I miss it already?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 12:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
what is a savings account?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 12:18 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

what is a savings account?

It's like a unicorn ... but for holding money.
0 Replies