unable to use insurance due to obamacare?????

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:38 pm
My son took a job in San Francisco paying about three time what he was getting paid. His insurance company is telling him that he can't use the insurance until he has paid into it for a year. Something sounds very wrong here. He says that it was due to the new obamacare laws. This does not sound legal Can someone please advise? You can email me at [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,138 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:44 pm
@CrgButcher,
I can't comment on the legality of this statement, but yes, something sounds very wrong. I'm not a supporter of Obamacare, but I'm very sure that has nothing to do with whatever is going. Probably miscommunication, maybe something wrong in the company itself.

I'm assuming this is normal health coverage. There are various special purpose policies being sold that may have such a provision. There are some strange policies being sold as hospital insurance, which promise to pay a set amount for each day in the hospital. I'm hoping your son wasn't roped into one of these deals.
0 Replies