Looking for an Image-Manager app for Facebook

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 05:09 pm
Hello all, I've been uploading Images on my Facebook account no stop, and its getting out of control! The built-in image manager its just not enough, I would love to sort and order my album in a folder-like structure (with sub folders and such), I can't just have all albums in one big folder, its a real mess.
If I have to look for an image I have uploaded, its a mess, I just have to dig on dozens of albums and thousand of images, there is no search function, and I can't tag every image I add.

So is there an app for better image managment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,918 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 05:16 pm
@Alyssa1983,
I’m not quite sure what your asking, are you saying you want to organize the photos you’ve uploaded? Put them in separate albums?

If so here is how. Or this may help:

Quote:
How do I rearrange or sort the photos in my album?

To rearrange your photos, click on the album you want to edit. Then simply click and drag the photo thumbnails into your desired order. Each time you drop a photo into a new position, the new photo order will be saved automatically.
Alyssa1983

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 05:41 pm
@jcboy,
That works fine until you have a few thousand photos to organize.
But when you have several if not dozen thousand of photos, it gets really messy.

The ability to create sub-folders/album would help tremendously to organize everything.

Here's a simple example.

I known 10 people, for each one's birthday I take an average of 100 photos, in year its 1000 photos, in the next 10 years will be 10. 000 photos, and that's just from birthday parties alone, doesn't include hundreds of other activities I could save with photos.
How many albums should I create? one album for each birthday party? that's 100 albums alone in 10 years, its crazy, I could instead simply make a folder called "Friend 1","Friend 2","Friend 3" and in each one "2008 birthday party"/"random photos", etc. it would be wayyyy more organized and less messy-looking.

In case it wasn't clear, I love taking photos every day of every random stuff I come by, my PC its actually exploding and I can't afford buying more external hard drives for all the photos/video I make every week.
jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 06:05 pm
@Alyssa1983,
I see what you’re saying. I was just checking my photos and I have a lot lol. I can’t find a way of creating a folder within a folder either.

Facebook is changing something just about every month, who knows, maybe in a month or so it will be a new feature, as for now doesn't look like it can be done, not that I can find anyway.
0 Replies