Rainsoft not using salt and zero water flow

wgajax

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:57 am
I have the EC4 50CT model that's 4 years old. I noticed lately the salt level hasn't decreased in a few weeks. Went to the control panel and did a manual regeneration a few days ago. Checked the info center and it says 0 gallons of water used since, 0 gallons per day, and flow rate of 0 gallons even though my pipes are turned on. It's not in bypass mode so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 15,748 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

wgajax

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 07:33 pm
@wgajax,
So I got into Service Mode and ran an Electrical Test. It failed at the Water Flow portion of the test. It looks like the water flow meter is not working, which is why the system is not showing any water used, which in turn is probalby why the salt level isn't changing.

Next step is to figure out how to fix the water flow meter. Any ideas?
H2O MAN

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:12 pm
@wgajax,
The water flow turbine is an easy item to replace.

http://www.ohiopurewater.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=22104&cat=527&page=1
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:35 pm
@wgajax,
I would check to see if the wire that plugs into the turbine is secure before I ordered replacement parts.
wgajax

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:44 am
@H2O MAN,
Thanks H2O Man.

Last night, I unplugged the sensor cable on both ends (circuit board and turbine meter assembly). I then removed the turbine meter, rinsed it out, blew air to ensure the fan was spinning, put it back together. I then plugged the cable back in. Turned on the unit, opened up the pipes, and the flow meter started registering. I did a manual regeneration and I'm now back in business! Saved myself a call to Rainsoft. I've bookmarked the link you sent me so that now I know where to by parts directly if I need them.
H2O MAN

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:47 am
@wgajax,
Excellent!
0 Replies

jodilynn07

Mon 2 Sep, 2013 10:42 am
@wgajax,
How do I remove the water turbine to clean it? I am having the same problem!
0 Replies

mdaddabbo

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:56 pm
@wgajax,
Sorry to reply to a thread that is 15 months old, but I can't find the EC4 service manual. I'm having a similar issue with my EC4- how'd you put it in service mode to test?
Thanks!
Roy Boy

Wed 6 May, 2015 09:09 pm
@wgajax,
I have the exact same problem with an EC4 I bought off craiglist. It has failed the water flow test. I could use some help finding info on how to remove the turbine meter to clean it. I have the owners manual but that is it. Thanks

Roy
0 Replies

defective-rainsoft

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 12:07 pm
@mdaddabbo,
I had a similar problem with my EC4. The gray colored meter cable that is made in INDIA is defective. Rainsoft attempted to charge me for the 3 times it needed to be replaced. after the third time, the tech replaced it with an older cable made in MEXICO. I have not had any problems since. Contact HEATHER INGRAM from RAINSOFT at 239-278-1555 and she might be able to assist you with your problem.
Cryptogeek08

Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:19 pm
@defective-rainsoft,
How do you go about running the electrical or water flow test?
Ray MO

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:19 pm
@Cryptogeek08,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf4Bpi9mplU&t=9s
use this will help you how to do the electrical or water flow test. I had the same issue and it took me a while to resolve it.
Good Luck

0 Replies