Will I ever stop being so emotional?

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 07:51 am
It started when I got the implanon 5 weeks ago. Now, I keep crying over every little thing! I used to only be like this before my periods, but now it's every day. For example, I'll see a cute squirrel on TV and I'll start to break down and cry, saying "it's so beautiful!". It's also really bad around my boyfriend. Yesterday, all he said was "I love you" and I just started crying in public. Everyone gave him funny looks, thinking he was being mean to me or something *sigh*

So, am I going to be like this forever? When will I stop being so emotional? I'm tired of crying over every little thing. I was just watching an episode of "Lost" and I was crying because John Locke was miraculously no longer paralyzed (TAT) and even as I type this my eyes are watering thinking about how happy that man must have been to finally be able to walk again *sob*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,666 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Brother James

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 12:54 pm
@PinkLipstick,
I'm uncertain what a "implanon" is.... but emotionality is a very positive thing. With practice, one will be able to tear but not cry overly much. Is is very human to empathize with tender moments one observes and takes to heart. The "secret" is to Accept the emotion fully, and its impact is reduced to more an internal response that you recognize and treasure. The physical acting out will subside the more you internalize the emotion.
Peace
PinkLipstick

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:08 pm
@Brother James,
Oh my gosh...you're amazing! Thank you very much for your wise words! I guess I'm just not used to it and I have to practice. I'm sure it'll get better with time! Thank you very much for your help!

Oh! And the "implanon" is a form of birth control. It is a rod that is implanted inside of your arm that gives you a steady dose of hormones for 3 years =)
0 Replies