'CANNIBAL SNACKED ON BODY'

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:09 pm
"ROTENBURG - A tranquil village in central Germany is in shock. The little hamlet of Wuestefeld on the edge of Rotenburg has just about 30 inhabitants.
Everyone knows everybody else. And everyone knows the gentlemanly middle-aged man who lives in the 17th Century half-timbered manor house.
And now everybody around the world has heard of him. He is the 41- year-old computer addict who police says has confessed to killing and eating a gay lover.
No one here ever imagined the goings-on behind the somewhat tumbled-down walls of the old house.
"He was quiet, nice and always helpful," says a woman who lived just across the road from the manor house.
"I just can't believe that he's done these things. I simply can't picture him doing them."
On a frosty morning as news spread of the grisly findings, police converged on the sprawling estate with digging equipment and cordoned it off with red-and-white tape.
Investigators are seeking to unearth more evidence of the crime and potentially more victims. They began the process of searching the multi-story house and the expansive gardens, in which body parts of a 42-year-old Berliner were buried.
Near a child's swing are parked several old cars, their windshields coated with ice. In front of the house a battered satellite dish lies on the ground.
Up until a few years ago the man who has now been charged with murder lived here with his mother in the half-timbered house, neighbours say. After she died, her son stayed on by himself.
Sporting a moustache and sandy hair, he was always well groomed and neatly if somewhat conservatively dressed, one neighbour recalls.
"A kindly and reserved sort of person," he says.
(From dpa - German Press Agency)"

Obviously, the victim used this situation to be murdered instead of making suicide himself:

Cannibal's victim was willing to die
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,493 • Replies: 42
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:12 pm
holy cow!
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:13 pm
Thanks for sharing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:16 pm
Walter- There is nothing in human behavior that can shock me, but this sorta skirts the edge of my comfort zone! Shocked
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:50 pm
Is he related, by chance, to Jeffrey Dahmer?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 02:19 pm
There was some criminal background, wasn't it?

This here, might well have been criminal as well ("killing on demand" is generally a crime in Germany), but the killed person seemed to have asked for his death.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:40 pm
I'm not sure why the authorities? the media? the village? consider this a choice of death by the victim. Still, a relationship between the victim and the killer obviously existed.

Frankly, while this is very peculiar, I don't feel that as a crime it is particularly outrageous. I'm not advocating Post Mortem knoshing. Still, I would be more horrified if children were involved, or the murderer had been pulling a Sweeny Todd, slaughtering passing strangers to fill his larder.

I can't imagine any one reading the news stories and being inspired to emulate the crime. The crime seems to be more insane than illegal.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:21 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Post Mortem knoshing.

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:58 pm
Hmmm

getting hungry

nice bottle of cch chh chchi anti
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 01:02 pm
Didn't he advertise for willing victims to be eaten?

Was he a Catholic?

Is cannibalism against Roman Catholic dogma?

Well just don't let your karma run over my dogma ok?

Yes I have had a small nearly Xmas drink.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 01:16 pm
Steve

I don't know about his religion (he was a soldier - does that count?), but found this newspaper article (pay special attention to psychiater's location!)

Cannibalism Is No Crime

As a drink while reading, I suggest:
Blood of Satan
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 01:22 pm
Bizarre!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 03:22 pm
1 Part Jgermeister
1 Part Goldschlager
1 Part Irish Whiskey
1 Part Jack Daniel's

Thanks Walter

Cheers old boy!

Now cannilbalism doesnt seem so bad after all.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 03:24 pm
Jagermeister:lovely when ice cold Steve.
Human flesh:better when sautéed.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 04:05 pm
You sound like you speak from experience Hebba
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 08:45 pm
Im just amazed by the fact that he advertised for this, and someone answered....and that he was a Mommas boy...his Mom must have been one heck of a gal.

geesh
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:01 pm
This is the latest newspaper link (from downunder, and actually from yesterday):

Hunt for clues in grisly cannibal murder case
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:16 pm
Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:26 pm
"He was a mama's boy," a neighbour told reporters. "He was totally fixated on his mother, who he said never let him date girls. After she died, he began to thaw out."

I have never come across the phrase "thaw out" meaning eating people before.

Is this just an Australianism, or should I read more into such phrases as "chill out" "cool down" "she melted in his arms".

I understand he can't be charged with murder because the victim consented to his own death, so if convicted he will only get maybe 5 years prison. Probably out in 3 years? He should have worked up quite an appetite by then.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:03 pm
How come 'melted in his arms' is now <ducking> reminding me of old M & Ms commercials? You know, melts in your mouth, not in your hands?

Yeah, I'm sick.
0 Replies