Arrested Oz driver 'on condom mercy mission'

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:16 am
Arrested driver 'on condom mercy mission'

An Australian man caught driving without a licence told police he was on an urgent mission to deliver condoms his cousin.

The Northern Territory News reports magistrates in Darwin heard how 24-year-old Lee Collinson was pulled over by officers in October.

When asked why he was driving without a licence, he said: "My cousin was about to (have sex with) this girl and he needed his bum bag because it had his condoms in it."

Magistrate David Loadman said: "Carrying condoms to a mate who is in desperate need must be something much better than the good Samaritan ever did.

"I cannot imagine the scene. This woman, about to embrace passionately, is waiting for the condom arrival. Bizarre in the extreme."

He told Collinson: "When the Poms ask Australians to define mateship, your circumstances could serve as a very good example."

Collinson, of Darwin, was fined $100. Outside court he said: "I don't regret my actions and I would do it again. My cousin is like a brother to me.

"And at least he was practising safe sex. He was being responsible. He got the condoms and I think he had a good night."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 13
No top replies

caprice

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
And the dog ate his homework? Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:39 am
Man, that's funny. Laughing
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:59 am
Once while hitchhiking in Ethiopia I was picked up by a condom delivery van transporting maybe about 20,000 US condoms. Naturally it made for plenty of wisecracks about feeling protected..
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:30 pm
Monger wrote:
Once while hitchhiking in Ethiopia I was picked up by a condom delivery van transporting maybe about 20,000 US condoms. Naturally it made for plenty of wisecracks about feeling protected..

It'd be very nice to know the temp in the van and whether the condoms were stable to elevated van temps! Cool
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:58 pm
Ever heard of air-conditioning Wink It's a must in the desert, where I happened to be at the time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 05:27 pm
Well, I have to say I cannot see what all the humour is about.

A clear case of need - a friend to fill that need - a need to fill a friend - and, clearly cause for hurry. Who would wish a friend to suffer blue balls?

You are all very strange...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 05:28 pm
Monger - I do wish you would give us a bit of a biography some day SOON - you seem to have led a most interesting life!
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 05:56 pm
I can't think of a better reason for driving without a license! Wink
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 02:41 am
ummmm, what's a bum bag?
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 03:19 am
Just Guessing...
Ceili,

I think it's what we call "fanny packs" or "hip packs" - they were really popular here about 8 or 10 years ago...

Know what I'm saying?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 03:33 am
heehee - fanny tends to mean vagina here - hence the different name...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 06:24 am
I do wish you people would learn to speak proper American.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 01:58 pm
Funny story!
0 Replies