I am moving to the West Coast due to being homeless in the next couple of weeks.

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:58 pm
I will have money, but I need a place to go. I heard Portland, Seattle, San Diego, San Fran, Santa Cruz, and LA are good places to be homeless. I am moving to the West due to the weather obviously. Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 4,825 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:07 pm
@spirosm87,
My wish, from having lived at or near at least two homeless destinations, is to get your local town, city, county, state, to get off their asses and take care of their people.

I'm not anti the homeless - I'm anti the structure for help.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:29 pm
@spirosm87,
Write to Kevin he can offer up various tidbits of information.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:39 pm
@spirosm87,
I'm not sure I'd recommend LA or San Diego to a homeless person. Both are dangerous turf for anyone sleeping under a bridge. San Francisco seems to be okay. Last time I was there, I got to talking to some homeless people who had just arrived from NYC and said SF was great because you got a minimum of hassling from the cops. For example, there's apparently no law -- or custom -- against pan-handling as there is in some cities (e.g.Washington, DC). Don't know about Portland (except that it has the reputation of being drug addicts' heaven) or Santa Cruz. Never been to either that I can recall.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:41 pm
@spirosm87,
Santa Monica used to be homeless heaven. Probably still is. Parts of Orange County were legendary.
ossobuco

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:50 pm
@roger,
Santa Monica thanks you.
0 Replies

Nooneleft

Tue 5 Feb, 2013 03:14 am
@spirosm87,
spirosm87 wrote:

I will have money, but I need a place to go. I heard Portland, Seattle, San Diego, San Fran, Santa Cruz, and LA are good places to be homeless. I am moving to the West due to the weather obviously. Any suggestions?

I have often thought about the portland or bremerton areas myself as I too am homeless by choice, since I have a job but I prefer to save my money rather than waste it on rent for a place I don't own.
I don't like colder weather, but I can deal with it. I'm in illinois but seriously considered moving west since I really have no more family.
I wish ya luck man! Wink
0 Replies

jettestuart

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 08:36 pm
@spirosm87,
I was banned from the homeless forums. I guess Im now virtually homeless. Before you try and make it out West contact me... I am sure I can help back East.
roger

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 08:41 pm
@jettestuart,
Excellent!
0 Replies

professorjpj

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 01:02 pm
@spirosm87,
Hi.. Was recently homeless in Portland for 10 months.. Its a homeless mecca,true.. But never expect to get OFF the streets there.. Its YUPPIETOWN usa! Rents are extravagantly high, but you'll eat VERY well.. And pretty much ANY sidewalk is yours!! This is the truth, trust me.. But there are SOO many of us there, including what I call the "dirty hippies", you need to keep an eye out at all times!!
0 Replies

Biketouringhobo

Mon 22 Jan, 2018 06:40 pm
I have been Homeless in San Diego County in Southern California since 3-1995 in San Diego, CA and I am Homeless in Oceanside, CA, and I am Living in My Tent. And I have been Sleeping outside without my Tent and I personally like Living in My Tent and I am on SSI and SSDI for Schizoaffective Bipolar type and ADHD since 10-1994. And in San Diego North County in Oceanside CA and Vista, CA and Escondido, CA. And We have free meals centers and two places that you can get a Shower
0 Replies

zhogan37

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:29 pm
Try using government programs or local religious aid and charities to get necessary supplies and money, and also go to local traveling shelters that travel locally to different housing places so you will always be supplied for. I am praying for you.
0 Replies