News Feed posts keep disappearing

Mr-Hex

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:15 pm
As a new user, there may be some rather basic questions asked, but they will be asked just one at a time. Here is one – my News Feed page keeps dropping posts. For example, I know that I receive posts almost all day long, every day. However, sometimes my News Feed will show the latest post (or two, even three), but the next one in scrolling down might be 2 or even 3 days old – all of the ones in between have disappeared! Then, perhaps a day later they all (or maybe only some) will have returned. Any ideas what causes this, and what can be done to stop it in the future please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 6,367 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:46 pm
@Mr-Hex,
Mr-Hex wrote:

As a new user, there may be some rather basic questions asked, but they will be asked just one at a time. Here is one – my News Feed page keeps dropping posts. For example, I know that I receive posts almost all day long, every day. However, sometimes my News Feed will show the latest post (or two, even three), but the next one in scrolling down might be 2 or even 3 days old – all of the ones in between have disappeared! Then, perhaps a day later they all (or maybe only some) will have returned. Any ideas what causes this, and what can be done to stop it in the future please?

I pretty much stay away from facebook now but I went there and found this for you. Hope it helps!

Quote:

Stories from Pages aren't showing up in my news feed.

Usually, you'll see updates in your news feed from people and Pages. If you're not seeing updates from Pages, check to make sure you've liked the Page. If you've liked the Page but still aren't seeing updates from it in your news feed, let us know.

Quote:

How do I control what I see in my news feed?

Sort stories
Use the Sort menu in the top right of your news feed to choose which stories you see first. Click Most Recent to see stories in the order they were posted, or click Top Stories to see the most interesting stories at the top of your news feed.

Quote:
Filter by friend lists
Click one of your lists on the left side of your home page to see stories just from the people on that list.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 07:11 pm
@Mr-Hex,
That is one of the more frequent and common complaints from FB users. The 'show recent posts first" setting never sticks. Every few days it reverts back to showing the most popular posts first and you have to manually change it again and again and again.

0 Replies