I am planning a holiday to ooty.

Wed 26 Dec, 2012 12:12 am
I am planning a holiday to ooty. I want to know in which area of ooty should I look for hotels?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,053 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

aryankapadia

Wed 26 Dec, 2012 04:19 am
@bipenabheek,
many tourists like to live near ooty lake
0 Replies

vihaanchaudhary

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 04:30 am
@bipenabheek,
we stayed at a hotel in havelock road
0 Replies

RickWarren001

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 04:05 am
Hello all,

I would suggest going up through Mudumalai/Gudalur. Though it is longer the road is not very steep and there are plenty of points of interest to see on the way up. (pykara falls, pykara lake which is much better than the Ooty lake, needle point rock, etc.to name a few). You might even sight some wild elephants enroute Mudumalai like we did.Coming down you can take the Masinagudi route with the 36 hairpin mends and also some view point and a waterfalls.
You can also visit Coonor. (Sims park)

Thank you
Rick Warren

0 Replies

elizabethh35

Fri 15 Feb, 2013 03:48 am
@bipenabheek,
If you have no budget constraint, enjoy the luxury and deluxe stay in five-star hotels of Ooty like Taj Hotel, Savoy Hotel and Holiday Inn. But even if you have limited, you need not worry as options are enormous and would surely cater your requirements like. Popular budget hotels in Ooty are Galton manor, Hotel Khems, Hotel Silver oak and Moti Manor.
0 Replies

manyasingh

Tue 5 Mar, 2013 05:21 am
@bipenabheek,
It depends on your needs and kind of hotel you want. I would recommend you to go for hotels near Club Road or Main Bazaar if you need a low budget and Fernhill Road or Lovedale for luxury and ambient hotels.
0 Replies