Anyone familiar with Seattle here?

boomerang

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 08:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ah, sweet! Tea with your daughter! Lovely!

It was the Fairmont that we stayed in. Our service was great but I just had dinner at the bar since the boys were at the game. I was the only girl at the bar so that usually means good service no matter what.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 08:21 pm
@boomerang,
loved what I saw of the place....If I did not like going to Portland so much (and putting distance between me and the restaurant so that I can relax) i might do a night here. there are loads of great restaurants near, and theater.
boomerang

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 08:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you ever find yourself at the Fairmont again you might skip the tea service and hit the little patsserie on the street level. That place is to die for.

And the bar serves these little baked cheese lace things that sent me into overdrive.

Portland does have some great restaurants -- or so I hear. We typically stick to our neighborhood hole in the walls, which are fantastic, but aren't well known. One of my friends owns a couple of restaurants in Vancouver (WA.) and we make the drive up there once in a while though.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 09:24 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
hit the little patsserie on the street level.

i will have to ask my daughter. she has already decided that in her 30's she will open a bakery, to that end she has studied the seattle scene...today i got a lecture to never buy Three Girls Bakery products as I looked in their window at Pikes. Apparently they make very few of their products and what they do make is not very good. I still tell her that she should be a lawyer, that girl can research and argue like nobodies business.... once when she was about 13 I got a 45 minute very well reasoned argument about why a particular punishment was not right! she worked on it for hours.
0 Replies