Oh McRib....how I LOVE thee!

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:20 am
Do you love them? How do you love them?

Mine come with a slice of american cheese and sliced Serrano peppers which I always have in the freezer.

THEIR BACK!!!

Bennet

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 01:26 am
@hawkeye10,
Was a cheap boneless pork pressed patty covered in barbeque sauce combined with personal favorite cheese and peppers, inside a sliced cheap bun, all that delicious in your opinion?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 01:49 am
@Bennet,
it tastes great, I have a lot of fond memories of eating these, i tend to choose pork over chicken or beef, and they are weird which usually is a plus in my books.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:21 am
@Bennet,
Thank you. I was wondering what it was, but not enough to make the investment to find out.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Agree I love them to and I do not care what is in them........
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 10:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Do you love them? How do you love them?

Mine come with a slice of american cheese and sliced Serrano peppers which I always have in the freezer.

THEIR BACK!!!

I ate a few of them years back when I was drunk. There's no way I'd touch those chemical compounds today except as part of a lab experiment.

http://theweek.com/article/index/220866/whats-the-mcrib-made-of-anyway

Quote:
How many ingredients are there?
At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. ...there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide
"a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats and the soles of shoes.".

Yeah, I think I will pass on trying to imitate Charlie Chaplin in shoe eating.
Quote:
What's the meat made of?
Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach... These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together.

As for the disgusting idea of putting American cheese on it, that is just 4 paces past ludicrous. If you place cheese on this thing, it should at least be real cheese. (although American cheese is better than that liquidy stuff they used at Arby's...not sure if it's still being used there)

However, if you insist on stuffing that glop into your being, be sure to have your final affairs in order and instructions not to cremate, as that could cause a major chemical fire.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 10:29 am
I make my own ribs, beef or pork, and bake them.

Present favorite marinade:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Marinated-Thai-Style-Pork-Spareribs-355069
I bake them at 300 for longer than the recipe calls for.

That dipping sauce is delicious too.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:53 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
THEIR BACK!!!

as they are every 4th quarter
farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 05:23 am
@ehBeth,
Having et one once I cannot say that I like them but, in the frozen north with no other food in sight and starvation a few hours away, Id probably eat one as they are not totally disgusting.
They have no resemblance to anything with the word "Ribs" in it. Dupont prolly sold Mickee D's the recipe of the sauce.

McD's makes a "Lobatsah roll" down east in Maine. It tastes like the lobstah has been exhumed for evidence and then cooked so in order to maximize softenization of the stringlets of gill tissue so you cant tell it from the miniscule segments of real lobstah. It is my opinion that they do the same thing with "McRIBS". I think they oughta rename it Rib -TEX. (Its a meal--Its a textile)
0 Replies