The Dilemma of the Believer

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 11:55 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, sure. You telling someone else about sinking to new lows.

But...you are down there...so I guess you want company.
Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Saint Frank, the patron saint of internet civility. If you don't pretend to know what i'm like, what my life is like, you just expose who vicious and hateful you are, taking the opportunity to sneer and smear. I'm surprised you don't choke on your own bile.

Do you admit then, that you don't know what i'm like, that you don't know anything about my life?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:11 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5287860)
Saint Frank, the patron saint of internet civility. If you don't pretend to know what i'm like, what my life is like, you just expose who vicious and hateful you are, taking the opportunity to sneer and smear. I'm surprised you don't choke on your own bile.

Do you admit then, that you don't know what i'm like, that you don't know anything about my life?

I repeat what I said earlier, Setanta:

Quote:
Here is what I see on-line (which is the only "you" I can know):

I see an angry, quick-to-take-offence, vulgar, insulting, demeaning, contemptuous, petty individual who apparently enjoys engaging people he considers his inferiors in order to call them out on their inability to meet his exacting standards. You are quick to insult, demean, and show exaggerated contempt for the many people who supposedly rile you. (I guess I left out "mean-spirited")

If you are not that kind of person in non-cyber life...if you are kind, not unhappy, and not easily offended...if you are not contemptuous of the people around you...if you are not the kind of person who would speak with as much disdain as you regularly do here on-line...

...then you are a coward who speaks this way because you know that on-line nobody can kick your ass for your rudeness.

You are correct in one regard, Setanta: I do not know which of these people you are. Why don't you inform us.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to post the comment again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:16 pm
I have no problem with you taking the opportunity to show again what a hateful son of a bitch you are. But, truthfully, we both know you don't my help to show that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:18 pm
Oh, and i'd love to see you attempt to kick my ass. You're a typical internet hero, who talks big when you know your ass won't have to cash the checks your mouth is writing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:35 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh, and i'd love to see you attempt to kick my ass. You're a typical internet hero, who talks big when you know your ass won't have to cash the checks your mouth is writing.

Did I say I could kick your ass?

I'm 76 years old and weigh 150 with my clothes on.

Are you going to challenge me to a fistfight?

Come down here and do so...and I will fight you. I understand you are younger...and a lot bigger...so I might get my ass kicked good and proper. That would be no big deal. And I promise you’d remember the fight. We could have a beer afterwards…with the bloodiest buying.

But if you think I would be cowed by someone like you, Setanta, you'd better think it through again. I'd laugh in your face...and read the list of things I've mentioned since you started this nonsense. You know...like:

I see an angry, quick-to-take-offence, vulgar, insulting, demeaning, contemptuous, petty individual who apparently enjoys engaging people he considers his inferiors in order to call them out on their inability to meet his exacting standards. You are quick to insult, demean, and show exaggerated contempt for the many people who supposedly rile you. (I guess I left out "mean-spirited")

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Naw, you're the one who brought it up Saint Frank, when you characterized me as a coward. But that was all in aid in your perpetual and pathetic attempt to make me angry. You don't have rhetorical skills, you don't have logic on your side, you have no intelligence to deploy, so you just avoid criticisms by being hateful, by saying vicious things. It's kind of sad to contemplate how little you have going for you.

No, if you hadn't shot off your big, nasty mouth about cowards, the subject would never have come up.

I don't drink, and if i did, i'd rather be found dead in an alley than in your company in some dingy New Joisy tavern.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:46 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5287885)
Naw, you're the one who brought it up Saint Frank, when you characterized me as a coward. But that was all in aid in your perpetual and pathetic attempt to make me angry. You don't have rhetorical skills, you don't have logic on your side, you have no intelligence to deploy, so you just avoid criticisms by being hateful, by saying vicious things. It's kind of sad to contemplate how little you have going for you.

No, if you hadn't shot off your big, nasty mouth about cowards, the subject would never have come up.

One...you started this argument...I didn't.

Two...I did not characterize you as a coward...I merely asked if you are one. It was the second of two possible scenarios. Try to keep up, Setanta.

Three...I get that you think I am close to stupid...or an idiot. Fine! I do not agree that I am as stupid as you think...and I think you are intelligent.

If you best me in debate or arguments...you will have bested someone who, in your opinion, is in way over his depth. If I best you in debate or arguments, you will have been bested by someone you consider your intellectual inferior.

Great work, Setanta!

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
See, that's what constitutes a snide remark. I commented on the drivel you had posted earlier, so i didn't start an argument. You decided to come in here with your typical sneers and snide remarks, and you have never attempted to defend what you posted--you just went immediately into insult mode.

So you see, the thing is, you don't debate me. You'll never best me in a debate, because you don't do that, you just make personal remarks in the hope of creating a response which you can use to claim i'm angry. I know, you don't have anything else going for you. You're a sad case, Bubba.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:55 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5287893)
See, that's what constitutes a snide remark. I commented on the drivel you had posted earlier, so i didn't start an argument. You decided to come in here with your typical sneers and snide remarks, and you have never attempted to defend what you posted--you just went immediately into insult mode.

So you see, the thing is, you don't debate me. You'll never best me in a debate, because you don't do that, you just make personal remarks in the hope of creating a response which you can use to claim i'm angry. I know, you don't have anything else going for you. You're a sad case, Bubba.

You could have said all that better by writing, "Is not!"

Works on the playgrounds, right?

Love the "Bubba!" Wink
Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 01:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You would know the playground better than i, Frank, it's your milieu. Basically, you're just a sorry old man with fossilized opinions which you cannot defend, so you rely on being a provocateur, you just post insults and sneers in the hope of getting a rise out of someone. It really must suck to be you. Glad that's not me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 01:22 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5287902)
You would know the playground better than i, Frank, it's your milieu. Basically, you're just a sorry old man with fossilized opinions which you cannot defend, so you rely on being a provocateur, you just post insults and sneers in the hope of getting a rise out of someone. It really must suck to be you. Glad that's not me.

You are a sad, angry, disgruntled person, Setanta...and I am amused by your attempts to portray me that way.

Whatever floats your boat.

You have to live the life your are living. I am happily living mine.
Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 01:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You know that i'm "a sad, angry, disgruntled person?" Or are you just pretending to know what you don't in fact know? You're displaying weakness, right?

Whatever you say, Bubba, it seems to be really important to you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 01:41 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5287923)
You know that i'm "a sad, angry, disgruntled person?" Or are you just pretending to know what you don't in fact know? You're displaying weakness, right?

Whatever you say, Bubba, it seems to be really important to you.

No, Setanta...I do not KNOW it...but I have lots of reason to suspect it is a very good guess about the non-cyber "you."

You show constant signs of anger; you are quick to take offense; you demean people; you are contemptuous of people; you are insulting, snide, and petty.

I freely acknowledge that I cannot know what kind of person you are...but I can certainly make a guess. And for over a decade I have seen you as a sad, angry, disgruntled person....and I will stick with that guess.

Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 01:47 pm
Sure you will, sneers and smears are all you've got going for you. You don't ever debate me, you just attempt to insult me.

Water <--> duck's back
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 01:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Sure you will, sneers and smears are all you've got going for you. You don't ever debate me, you just attempt to insult me.

Water <--> duck's back

Whatever you say, Setanta. And since you are the Queen of Sneers and Smears...I will take your comments under advisement. Wink Wink Wink

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 02:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sure, Bubba, whatever you say.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 02:12 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5287956)
Sure, Bubba, whatever you say.

Yup.

And I love it when you call me Bubba. It is so cute...makes you sound like a good ole boy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 02:16 pm
OK, Bubba, if you say so.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 02:19 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
OK, Bubba, if you say so.

I just did.
0 Replies