11
   

Do Trains ever "run into" Road Traffic at Grade Crossings?

 
 
ehBeth
 
  5  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 08:12 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
it is not the train operators fault unless the signal was red due to a known problem at the grade crossing.


I guess you haven't managed to get around to reading those NTSB reports yet.
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:10 am
@ehBeth,
Do you have any facts to offer?

Better yet do you have any documented facts to offer?
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 12:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Unable to comprehend the info at the NTSB link I posted on the weekend?
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 12:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Jaysus man, what is your first language?

DrewDad
 
  3  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 12:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Hawkeye likes it when he's handed stuff on a platter, so that he can turn up his nose at it.
JTT
 
  0  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 12:41 pm
@DrewDad,
In this he really isn't any different than a lot of you, DD.
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  0  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:15 pm
@ehBeth,
The lady who is more than adept at avoidance has the temerity to question Hawkeye?
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:22 pm
@DrewDad,
If the NTSB stats are too difficult to navigate, there is also

http://safetydata.fra.dot.gov/OfficeofSafety/default.aspx

dalehileman
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 03:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Hello test

1234
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 07:10 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Hawkeye likes it when he's handed stuff on a platter, so that he can turn up his nose at it.

I like it when others make arguments and present facts rather than doing drive-by condemnations of what others say. I have no intention of sifting the NTSB site trying to figure out what beths point of view is, if she thinks I have it wrong then she needs to point out what is wrong before we continue.
tsarstepan
 
  3  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 07:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

Hawkeye likes it when he's handed stuff on a platter, so that he can turn up his nose at it.

I like it when others make arguments and present facts rather than doing drive-by condemnations of what others say. I have no intention of sifting the NTSB site trying to figure out what beths point of view is, if she thinks I have it wrong then she needs to point out what is wrong before we continue.

That's absolutely and obscenely funny considering You literally DIDN'T PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL TO SUPPORT YOUR VIRULENT and factless claims in this entire thread.
JTT
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 08:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
That's absolutely and obscenely funny considering You literally DIDN'T PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL TO SUPPORT YOUR VIRULENT and factless claims in this entire thread.


Really, Hawkeye didn't do anything more than give his opinion on some headlines. You do this all the time in various threads. You didn't jump all over Merry and Joe for their opinions about the New Mexico Prez something or other.

Why the hypocrisy, Tsars?
tsarstepan
 
  2  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:01 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
That's absolutely and obscenely funny considering You literally DIDN'T PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL TO SUPPORT YOUR VIRULENT and factless claims in this entire thread.


Really, Hawkeye didn't do anything more than give his opinion on some headlines. You do this all the time in various threads. You didn't jump all over Merry and Joe for their opinions about the New Mexico Prez something or other.

Why the hypocrisy, Tsars?

JackassTT. I don't have time to literally answer or read EVERY single thread and post nor do I have the intention of trying. I have absolutely no freaking idea what you're rambling about.
JTT
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Point taken, Tsars. It wasn't your hypocrisy, just your stupidity.
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have presented an argument grounded in the meaning of words that the headline is worded wrong. So far no one haas proved me wrong.
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  3  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:30 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Dale, you are correct.

Dale is surprisingly correct.

Hawkeye is unsurprisingly wrong.
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:44 pm
@Ticomaya,

Ticomaya wrote:

ehBeth wrote:
Dale, you are correct.

Dale is surprisingly correct.

Hawkeye is unsurprisingly wrong.

Now if only truth was decided by votes....

Where is your arguement?
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
trying to figure out what beths point of view is,


my point of view?

it doesn't matter what my point of view is.

the fact is ... you were wrong in your original presumption that trains are never at fault in accidents with rubber-wheeled vehicles (what century are you posting from?)

it is not a point of view or an opinion.

The fact is - you are wrong.



I gave you two sets of resources to allow you to do your own reading on the subject. I am NOT going to spoon-feed you the data.



Here's another good clue for you - look up some personal injury firms for their specialty areas - if they couldn't sue train companies because the trains/operators are at fault that specialty practice area wouldn't exist.
Ticomaya
 
  2  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Now if only truth was decided by votes....

Where is your arguement?

I haven't seen your argument, just your assertion that you are correct. Which you are not.

(And "argument" has only one "e".)
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 10:20 pm
@ehBeth,
I said myself that I was wrong about that, but I am right that these headlines are not just poorly written but are written wrong.

I see here that you are confusing the train being wrong with the railroad being a contributor to the impact by not executing the proper warnings. I believe that what we see here is a failure of american justice, the warnings of approaching train should be seen as a courtesy, it is still the responsibility of the rubber wheel vehicle driver to make sure that they are not on the grade crossing at the same time the train is. The law does not agree with me, but as I have argued in multiple threads american law is very fucked up at this point.
 

Related Topics

Train Curiosities - Discussion by edgarblythe
GHOST TRAINS HAUNT BOSTON! - Discussion by tsarstepan
The Oddball Case of Darius McCollum - Discussion by tsarstepan
Train from China to America: Feasible? - Discussion by edgarblythe
NY - Train Derailment - Discussion by Butrflynet
Trains - Question by komalraheja7
RAILROADS IN PHOTOS AND PAINTING - Discussion by farmerman
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/02/2022 at 02:07:45