• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 991 • Replies: 18

fresco

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:34 am
@JTG198904,
Suggestions
Check out case grammar with respect to vocative (O) and dative (whom). Also check difference between present (awake) and present continuous (awaking).
Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 09:39 am
Oh man, you language Nazi . . .
fresco

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 09:50 am
@Setanta,
Jahwohl! Aber ve haf no vay off imposing unserer Korrekturen !

(Maybe one who aspires to figure skating should learn to tie his boots)

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 12:34 pm
@fresco,
Are you suggesting that there's a vocative case in English?
fresco

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 01:03 pm
@joefromchicago,
No. The writer fails to discriminate between the Latin vocative which translates as "O", with the English exclamatory "Oh". This is apparent from one of his earlier poems (Patches the Cat). I consider potential counter arguments citing "poetic licence" to be weak because this is only one of several instances of grammatical aberration none of which can be justifed by idiosyncratic syntax to enhance poetic impact.
JTG198904

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 02:24 am
@fresco,
Congratulations, you've pointed out my flaws. You seem to be going out of your way to do this. And I will say this to you in the hopes that you will stop your endless quest "I could care less, I write what I write, like it or hate it, but it's my words. So please, move on to another poet who cares about grammar."
fresco

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 02:50 am
@JTG198904,
My comments, believe or or not, were to encourage you to temper your creativity with a little more care and attention, rather than churn out endless (sic) egocentric streams of consciousness. It is your proliferation which draws attention to yourself, and you should be prepared to accept that quantity and quality can be antagonistic.
JTG198904

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 03:15 am
@fresco,
Honestly Fresco, I consider you to be my "training grounds". So thank you, please, DON'T stop being an ass hole to me. Please, criticize EVERYTHING I write. Tell me how much of an egocentric bastard I am, tell me how much I "plagiarize" other "already famous" poet's poetry. Please, say the most low down, dirtiest (but keep it intelligent) things to me. You are only going to help me get better. And I promise you, I am going to TRY my best yo piss you off. All in all, I am thankful for your existence. Thank you Fresco. Smile
fresco

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 03:25 am
@JTG198904,
(Posted also on cat thread)
I draw your attention to the fact that this forum is ostensibly designed for those exchanging"expert advice". You are certainly entitled to question my "expertise", but not the spirit in which it is offered. If you merely want to display your prolific output for the purposes of kudos, you are in the wrong place. There are plenty of specific poetry websites on which you can present your work.

BTW Your attempts at poetry are better than those at irony !
JTG198904

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 03:34 am
@fresco,
Well thank you for your expertise. Regardless if it has been positive or not, it has fueled me in some way. And I promise you, I hope to "grammatically/semantically" butcher the English language as long as I live. So if you really love reading things you really dislike, maybe even despise, please read ANYTHING I write. I won't disappoint.
fresco

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 04:58 am
@JTG198904,
You don't get it. I do NOT dislike the material, ( common though some of the themes are ), I dislike your pretentious and proprietorial attitude to it which tends to be used as a smokescreen or excuse for your technical shortcomings.

Take care ! Your adolescent threat to continue to "butcher the language" merely suggests what you have produced thus far is approximately worthy of high school magazine status in which rebellious youth flexes its self assertiveness over "the establishment." Try moving on a bit!

JTG198904

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 03:21 pm
@fresco,
This video correctly explains how you make me feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nkJquHnAU

^^^ this is deep stuff bro
fresco

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 04:53 pm
@JTG198904,
Sorry. I don't do ephemeral pop culture, nor do I care what today's version of "yourself" has to say. My suggestion that you "move on" should be taken as one that requires you to try take an objective view of "self" rather than an indulgent one. As one writer put it ( whom I often quote)
Quote:

One of man’s important mistakes, is his illusion in regard to his I. His I changes as quickly as his thoughts, feelings and moods, and he makes a profound mistake in considering himself always one and the same person; in reality he is always a different person, not the one he was a moment ago.
Man has no permanent and unchangeable I. Every thought, every mood, every desire, every sensation, says "I".
Man has no individual I. But there are, instead, hundreds and thousands of separate small "I"s, very often entirely unknown to one another, never coming into contact, or, on the contrary, hostile to each other, mutually exclusive and incompatible. Each minute, each moment, man is saying or thinking, "I". And each time his I is different. Just now it was a thought, now it is a desire, now a sensation, now another thought, and so on, endlessly. Man is a plurality. Man's name is legion.

JTG198904

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 02:04 am
@fresco,
Calm down, that last post was just a joke... in no way does that silly but "Intense" video by Mark Gormley reflect how I feel about anything (and if it did, that wouldn't make any sense since clearly the song is about his longing for the one he loves)... it was for my own amusement. I got a good laugh out of it x)

Plus I should point out that I was drunk about 95% of our dispute, and I'm not sure why you even continued on with my nonsense.
fresco

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 02:15 am
@JTG198904,
Perfectly calm I assure you. Note that one of your more recent offerings (Ignorant Bus) touches on one episode of your awareness the nature of "self" described in the quotation. If you want to read one of my own poetic renderings on this refer to...
http://able2know.org/topic/4549-1
( I have subsequently modified the first two lines so that it scans better. )
JTG198904

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 04:28 pm
@fresco,
thanks but I honestly don't care Fresco
fresco

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 02:14 am
@JTG198904,
....which I was that ? Wink
JTG198904

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 04:29 am
@fresco,
The I that doesn't care >.> lol