Oh My Goodness, I’m a “seasoned member”!

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 01:22 pm
... I think you'll like it Twisted Evil
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:02 pm
I'll watching for that slap myself. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:03 pm
I'm getting warm just thinking about it.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:43 pm
Ah, yes, the ceremonial Gus-slap. How enjoyable that was for me.
But remember that your 1000th post will be recorded forever in the archives of A2K. You need to come up with something profound, witty or perhaps droll. No jokes about snot, for example. Choose your topic wisely.
Welcome to the Seasoned Member class, where we look down on the mere Enthusiasts while aspiring to be, if we are verbose enough, Veteran members.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:32 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Ah, yes, the ceremonial Gus-slap. How enjoyable that was for me.
But remember that your 1000th post will be recorded forever in the archives of A2K. You need to come up with something profound, witty or perhaps droll. No jokes about snot, for example. Choose your topic wisely.
Welcome to the Seasoned Member class, where we look down on the mere Enthusiasts while aspiring to be, if we are verbose enough, Veteran members.

Wait a minute... I'm not quite there yet... just a lowly enthusiast... but I'm one step closer with this post :wink:

Anybody seen Gus? I don't want to show up to the dance without a date.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:18 pm
Gus is probably primping.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:05 am
Well, the time is finally here. Nearly six months and 1000 posts later, I am finally part of that fantastic group that call themselves... Seasoned Members.

I found A2K while looking for a quote... what I found was a heated battle waging on the "Micheal Moore: Hero or Rouge" thread. I jumped in, was quickly welcomed by various members and then quickly learned that A2K was a special place with very intelligent people with many different views.

For the first week or two I don't think I left the political forum. I quickly learned not to make a statement without thinking over exactly what I wanted to say first or face the consequences of those just waiting to find a hole in your arguement. I made more mistakes than valid points.

After one particular thread in which I made a complete Newbie a$$ of myself, I decided to leave politics alone for awhile and go in search of calmer waters. I discovered the History forum, which I refer to as "The Gentler, Kinder Political Forum." There I usually just read the views of those that know a lot more about history than I do. The general forum quickly turned into a favorite of mine for the very eclecctic and always creative threads... some of which quickly degenerate and get moved to the humor forum. Relationships & Marriage is always fun... I've always thought I'd make a good psychiatrist and get to test out my advice giving skills there. Music & Lyrics, Films, Books... they are all wonderful forums with wonderful people in each one.

All in all, I am quite glad I found A2K and have found many people here whose creativity and humor help me make it through the work day and whoes opinions I value. A2K has made me more aware of all many different views and ways of looking at things and made me a better person for it.

So I would like to thank all of you who make this such a wonderful place... That being said... Come here Gus

http://arena2045.net/fritz/slapping_gus.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:26 am
ROFLMAO!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:33 am
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

So what seasonings do you get with a bigger membership???????
I didnt get any. :-(
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:40 am
realjohnboy wrote:
Welcome to the Seasoned Member class, where we look down on the mere Enthusiasts

That wasn't very nice. Sad I had always thought A2K members were accepting and welcoming of all posters regrdless of their status. I guess class systems do follow humans everywhere they go. Sad
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:04 am
shewolfnm wrote:
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

So what seasonings do you get with a bigger membership???????
I didnt get any. :-(

I got oregano.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:07 am
Congratulations on your new status, jp! Very Happy

(I got Tabasco sauce.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:24 am
yaahh!! Finally!

I got Tumeric!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:28 am
Thanks mac... have you ever seen I'm gonna Git You Sucka!

There is one scene where he is walking down the street all pimped out with gold fish in his platform shoes... That's how I feel now as a seasoned member.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:30 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Thanks mac... have you ever seen I'm gonna Git You Sucka!

There is one scene where he is walking down the street all pimped out with gold fish in his platform shoes... That's how I feel now as a seasoned member.

AAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are the a2k pimp.
HAHAHAHHA

Want some jerry-curl to do wid'dem shoes ?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:53 am
Well since we're brinig up cheasy movies... I prefer Soul Glow from Coming to America.

Let your soooouuuullll gloooowwww <he sings in a high pitched voice>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:00 am
Cheesy movies?

Hmm... Evil dead comes to mind.
But I cant think of a fashion statement from that movie..
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Cheesy movies?

Hmm... Evil dead comes to mind.
But I cant think of a fashion statement from that movie..

Oh come on... chain saw in hand... girl on his side... that's a fashion statement if I've ever seen one.

(sorry if I stretch the screen)

http://www.esplatter.com/Wallpapers/wallpaperevildead800x600.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:31 am
HAahahaha!!
very true.

I do like that movie though.
B horror flicks.. well.. just love 'em.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 03:23 pm
(Oh my, Lady J, no slight intended against Newbies or Enthusiasts.
Did you know that it took realjohnboy (#265 on the A2K memberlist) two YEARS to get to a 1000 posts. You are 2/3rds of the way there in only two months. Can you imagine ever getting into the 20000 post range that some folks have achieved)?
Congrats jpinmilwaukee. I've yet to go back and find the post that was #1000, but I shall. -rjb-
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 01:33:31