I trusted Dan Spring and her company J&D International Group (http://www.jdintlgroup.com) back in the end of December 2014/January 2015 to help me purchase furniture in FoShan / Guangzhou (China). She seemed to be very nice and open. I sent her pictures of what I am looking for so that she could get an idea of where to navigate us.
My wife and I had planned 6 days. I spent 100USD a day for DanÂ´s service + 3% commission for the sourcing. During lunch we got to know each other better and spoke about business and so on. She told me how other purchase agents would rip off clients, get them bad prices, and take a commission from the shops. Dan told us face to face that she wouldnâ€™t take any commission or whatsoever, that she believes in a good relationship, and fair dealing with her clients, and so onâ€¦ â€“ we really trusted her. Long story shortâ€¦
Donâ€™t fall into a trap by trusting her, she is only professional in taking out your moneyâ€¦ Dan Spring, is only interested in money, and once she gets paid she doesnâ€™t care anymore about her clients.
These are just a few of the bad things that happened:
- Dan started to be very pushy after we didnâ€™t purchase anything after day 2. I told her to stop and that we needed some time to think. She was anything but professional. Every time we needed more time to think or were not sure about something she pushed us even more.
- Sometimes she just walked away and played with her phone. She didnâ€™t really care after day 3 because we didnâ€™t purchase as fast as she expected.
- my wife and I decided to go around the lighting market alone, and we really got very good prices â€“ every time Dan was with us the prices were much higher. A lamp that I got offered for around 40USD cost 100USD when Dan was with me. Same shop, even the same vendor, just a different day.
- We decided to buy doors with a vendor; the vendor sent me a text message (happy to send you the conversation through WeChat) warning me that Dan asked her for commission. This vendor refused to pay and Dan seemed to get very angry about this. I didnâ€™t know what to think at that time. I still trusted Dan who recommended me to buy the doors from someone else â€“ and I would only find out later that the vendor was telling the truth. The picture attached was mistakenly sent to me by DanÂ´s company J&D International Group. You can see that she received commission from other shops and that she made up a bad story about the vendor to convince me to purchase from someone else (ask your Chinese friend to translate the remarks in red). If you cant read it at all, I am happy to send it to you by email.
- After returning back to my home country, and after making 70% of the down payment she started to tell me that some shops asked for an additional fee to keep the goods. We had a little delay because of Chinese New Year, and she made me pay a few hundred USD on top.
- A few goods were missing in the quality report (after they collected all the goods) but the price that they charged me was still the same. I told them to change the prices but they just didnâ€™t care about it.
- I called up Dan, she was very hysteric and told me that she wants to send the goods away now because they have had them for a very long time. She charged me again hereâ€¦ They could only â€ścontrolâ€ť me with extra fees because I already had paid a good amount of deposit (70%).
- The container finally arrived in the end of June. And we were in shock. As you can see from the pictures, a whole was inside, so a lot of water came in. I contacted J&D International Group and Dan Spring, but they just didnâ€™t get back to me. If Dan Spring had done the work properly this would have never happened. This has been a very bad ending and a huge disappointment.
Always make sure to have a contract with people you work with. I was stupid enough to believe in what Spring Dan praised: trust.
If you want to know more or have any other questions please feel free to email me