Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:41 am
Hello There,

I´m a 23 year old man I just quit my bank job to go independent with importing products from China.

I have a lot of experience as a seller, but I think this is going to be a little bit different, and I´m really hoping anyone with experience with import from China to Europe could help answer questions.

I´m looking to Import some small and weightless stuff, i don't really have anything specific now, well actually I have been thinking of smoking equipment such as blunt wrap papers, water pipes etc.

Do anyone know where to find the regions that specialize in manufacturing these types of products, or where to go in China to see their biggest market places?

Can any one recommend some useful web sites were i could source such products?

Additionally i would be very grateful if some people from China who read these posts would offer their sourcing help.

I´m planning a trip from Luxembourg where I live to China this summer, do you have any chinese contact persons who you have been in contact with lately concerning products to Europe?

regarding the shipping, do you have any Chinese forwarders can you recommend and how do i find them?

I know this is a lot of questions, but i really need to have them answered, could somebody please help.

Best Regards

Jan

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 14,633 • Replies: 16
Topic Closed
No top replies

austinbao

Fri 6 May, 2005 06:47 pm
Hope this can help you
Hi,Jan,
you will find some results if you search them on the internet.
the useful website is alibaba,made in china,etc.
I may help you if i can get more info aobut your products.
the famous trade fair is Canton fair in APRIL and OCTOBER which is near HONGKONG.I'm afraid there's no big show this summer.
I have the forwarder information,but it seems i can't show the contact info here.
good luck
Austin Bao
0 Replies

ai

Sun 8 May, 2005 03:19 am
Jan:
Hi and hello.
I would like to help you more and be a your partner ,cause , I'm actually in the same position as you. 23 old man , wanna export products to other countries. I used to work in a freight forwarder company , and I got trading experience.
just like Austin said , I can't show contact info here.
maybe you can tell me your email address? I'll write you soon/
0 Replies

bourne666

Mon 9 May, 2005 09:16 am
Hi,

That sounds very interesting, but here you have my pesonal Email address, so please write me on [email protected].

hpe to hear from u

Jan
bourne666

Mon 9 May, 2005 09:20 am
Re: Hope this can help you
Hello Austin,

Thanks for your reply, in oder to have a more interesting conversation about this, you can have my email address [email protected].

I really hope to hear from u, i have alot of questions for u reg. Hong Kong.

Best regards

Jan
0 Replies

englishdavis

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:51 pm
This is Davis from China
Hello my friend , I have read the leaveword already .

Maybe I can help you if you come to China.

I'm a freight forwarder in ShenZhen China.

In order to contact easily ,below is the contact details .

EDIT: MODERATOR: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED

Yours Davis
0 Replies

onewaygoal

Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:08 am
Hi Jan
you could try Kula trading in amsterdam to source your paraphenalia items, they can provide you with a structured price list based on quantity.
Let me know how you get on, I also have and interest in importing small weight items ans similar as you describe but into the UK only.
Keep me posted
Rob
0 Replies

hadaji

Thu 3 Nov, 2005 07:52 am
Hi Jan ,
I just read the post ,hope my suggestions are not late.as you know China is a big manufactories,there are lots and lots of factories with competitive
prices .and YIWU Zhejiang is the most famous place with small and weightless stuff in China however there are less websites for foreigner
especially who want small qauntity.and most of these websites are in chinese version.
I link some websites in English version .hope they are helpful:
http://www.chinayiwu.cn/shope/
http://www.cccmarket.com/news/htdocs/index.asp

As to the shipping,if the order is small ,forwarder is unnessary .you can ship them via UPS,FEDEX etc at beginning.

and I just start my own business also.I would like to share my experience with anyone who wants them.so Please feel free to reach me at:gggcc8@hotmail

Joyce
0 Replies

clairedan

Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:21 am
Re: Hope this can help you
Hi, everybody in this thread, glad to find ya'll.

I'm a Beijinger, 24 years old. although I'm working at one big US company now, but I'm planning to start some import and export businesses with a few American friends and some Chinese friends.

I plan to go to US in 2 years to seek some products which I can introduce back to our country, meanwhile get more education about business.

so I may need your help on freight anytime.
my email is Edit [Moderator]: Personal information removed hope we can get to know each other soon. Very Happy
0 Replies

henrik3

Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:47 pm
hi
hi

im only 21 years old but i have got a big passion for sales im really interested in importing from other countries like china.
i would like to start a small business of importing computing stuff to uk
what should i do, go china or is it possible to import without leaving uk?
if anyone that is an expert or knows how to do it could give me some tips
how to start i would appreciate
thank you
0 Replies

Landsit

Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:20 am
Export Agent in Asia
Hi, I am an Export Agent in Taiwan. If you are needing help sourcing products in China let me know. I am American but I live in Taiwan and speak Chinese so I can find some of the best deals in Asia. My webite is EDIT:MODERATOR:LINK REMOVED , any type of products you are looking for I can look for suppliers in China to get cheap prices and take care of all the details of getting the products shipped to you. If anyone wants to chat my MSN is [email protected]
0 Replies

cannon

Wed 14 Jun, 2006 12:46 pm
I import and export computer parts for a living. You have to be very careful when sourcing in Asia. Both credible and fraudulent businesses ask for money up front most of the time. Alibaba and Global Sources tend to be two websites with decent information, however, it is truly a buyer beware situation when sourcing prodcuts in Asia.
0 Replies

martine kodjo

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 06:33 am
My dear Friend,
I have emailed you earlier without a response.
Please response to my message so to enable me gives you more information.
Email: [email protected]
Martin Kodjo
0 Replies

legalbillingsoftware

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 02:36 am
hi! Smile
u can try to search the net..
just look for reliable sites..
they can provide you enough and solid details about your problem Smile
0 Replies

Romen esko

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:44 pm
@bourne666,
Hello Friends,

The European Union has launched an investigation into alleged "dumping" of solar panels into the region's markets by Chinese manufacturers. The probe comes after European manufacturers alleged that Chinese firms were selling panels below their market value. "The investigation will determine whether the product under investigation originating in the country concerned is being dumped and whether the dumped imports have caused injury to the Union industry," the European Commission said in a statement. "If the conclusions are affirmative, the investigation will examine whether the imposition of measures would not be against the Union interest."

Best Regards
Romen Esko
Kalyna

Fri 23 Aug, 2013 07:41 am
@Romen esko,
China is becoming one of the growing economy in the world. They producing many products which are attractive in price and quality. All the world want to import cheap products from china.
0 Replies

kylelewispaul

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:43 am
@bourne666,
I am also interested to view on this topic
0 Replies