CIA Chief Petraeus resigns as result of extra-marital affair

revelette

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 09:31 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Correction there is no evidence I am aware of that General Allen where chasing any woman.

They had him using an endearment or two in his email big deal as men do that when addressing women they consider freinds without any romance intend toward those women.

Regardless 30,000 emails (or pages) is an awful lot of emails for man in charge of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan to send a Tampa Society Hostess or even a honorary consul of South Korea.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 09:39 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
They had him using an endearment or two in his email big deal as men do that when addressing women they consider freinds without any romance intend toward those women.

so the "dear heart" that you use when addressing Firefly means you consider her a friend?
BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 09:54 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
so the "dear heart" that you use when addressing Firefly means you consider her a friend?

I have some warm feelings toward her something of the order of a person who own a pet rattle snake.

This website was not the same without her present after Hurricane Sandy for example.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:05 am
@BillRM,
got it

<nods>

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:46 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Regardless 30,000 emails (or pages) is an awful lot of emails for man in charge of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan to send a Tampa Society Hostess or even a honorary consul of South Korea.

That would seem to represent a mad obsession it seems to me. A man dispossessed of his wits.
firefly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:58 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:

It's more a refection of a patronizing, and demeaning, attitude on BillRM's part, that surfaces with other posters as well, but decidedly more often toward me. He's been repeatedly told it's offensive, but he continues to do it anyway.

When BillRM can't meaningfully address the topic, he falls back on being merely deliberately annoying.

Most of the time, when BillRM refers to me in his posts, it's a highly fictionalized, distorted version of my views he puts forth, in a rather lame attempt to create a deliberate mis-perception of me in the mind of the reader. Why he engages in such nonsense seems related to his feelings of being in some sort of competition with me that he's trying to win with an unseen audience. He's very caught up in some crazy obsession with me, and often uses me, or rather just my name and his mythological conception of me, as a straw-man to argue against because no one else is really engaging with him. He even brings up my name in threads I'm not involved with. I find it all rather weird, extremely curious, and very tedious by now.

I'd be more than happy if BillRM just ignored my posts--he rarely accurately comprehends, or accurately reflects, or accurately responds to, what I've really said--and I do wish he'd knock off the sarcastic and patronizing "dear" and "dear heart" and "dear friend" forms of address. Neither of those things is likely to happen, of course, but one can hope...and look forward to the day when I may be able to block him from seeing my posts. Smile Whatever will the "dear boy" do then? Laughing

firefly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:05 am
@spendius,
Quote:
That would seem to represent a mad obsession it seems to me. A man dispossessed of his wits.

Or a man with too much free time on his hands--which would be odd for someone commanding a war zone.

There seems to be a dispute about the number of e-mails sent and received--it may have been far less than 30,000.
BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:28 am
@firefly,
I hear that it amount to a few hundreds emails not 30,000 pages worth of emails so who know for sure what they are talking about.

Could be he attached long files of materials but somehow the idea that anyone would write 30,000 pages worth of email seems unlikely to said the least of course Firefly total postings here is currently 34,514 so I guess it is possible.
BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:34 am
@firefly,
Quote:
...and look forward to the day when I may be able to block him from seeing my posts.

Sorry but I will likely have a read only account so I can still see your words of wisdoms as this system would not be the same without having your wonderful viewpoints on life available. Drunk
Sturgis

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:40 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
I hear that it amount to a few hundreds emails not 30,000 pages worth of emails so who know for sure what they are talking about.

Could be he attached long files of materials but somehow the idea that anyone would write 30,000 pages worth of email seems unlikely to said the least of course Firefly total postings here is currently 34,514 so I guess it is possible.

...and of course your own 17,380+ posts. Considering she arrived a little over 4 years prior to you and you've been here just over 4 years, which means you are at the same posting rate, I suppose you might be right that 30,000 e-mail pages might well have been sent. Have you sent that many pages of e-mails during the last 8 years?

Of course the 34,000+ posts of ff and the 17,000+ posts of yours are not full pages.
If the pages mentioned include attachments that might explain it.
BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:47 am
@BillRM,
Come to think of it unless Robert is going to block google from indexing this website all you need to do is use google.

The idea of trying to block people from reading what is available on the net is not one of Robert better ideas......................

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:53 am
@Sturgis,
I met my now wife on the dial on CIS network in 1985 and we had used email of one sort or another since then and somehow I would be very surprise if all my emails to my wife over all those decades would amount to 30,000 pages.

There is something clearly wrong with that figure.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 03:45 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Firefly total postings here is currently 34,514 so I guess it is possible

Most of my postings are in game threads, so they are generally only a few words long.
No way would that add up to 30,000 pages. Laughing

I think I read somewhere that the actual number of e-mails between Gen. Allen and Jill Kelley was closer to something like 250--although I don't know how reliable that is. I think I also read that she tends to send a lot of e-mails, so most of them may have been initiated by her, and she may have been the primary one who kept the correspondence going.
BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 04:46 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Most of my postings are in game threads, so they are generally only a few words long.
No way would that add up to 30,000 pages

As I already said Firefly there have to be something very wrong with the 30,000 pages number as my now wife and I had been exchanging email since 1985 and all of them together could does not come to 30,000 pages at least in my opinion.
0 Replies