Does anyone know what's happening with Florida's electoral votes (2012 election)?

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:54 pm
@JoeWillis,
You know about as much about American politics as you do about Iceland.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 01:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Heh Heh.

Yeah, I wonder why they are bothering with it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 01:58 pm
The latest on the count...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/11/why-obama-wins-florida.html
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:41 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
70% of white males over 65 voted for Romney. WTF is with that?
Thats voting against self interests all the way.
I did that.

David
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:31 pm
@JPB,
http://i45.tinypic.com/1jioo.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 09:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
they wanted to make the cockroach (palmetto bug) the official state insect.

After seeing how far those sons-a-bitches can fly, they ought to double up and name it the State Bird at the same time.

Joe(and name the current Governor the State BirdBrain)Nation
farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 10:03 am
@Joe Nation,
NYT headline this AM
"For ROMNEY, All His career options are open, except one"

jcboy

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 12:49 pm
@farmerman,
Finally! Florida has finished counting! Geez!

And ... it's official: Barack Obama wins Florida

Quote:
Four days after Election Day, we have a winner in Florida: President Barack Obama takes all 29 of our electoral votes
revelette

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 01:17 pm
@jcboy,
It almost don't matter anymore except for the fact of all those who stood in line for hours, in some cases, risking their health, to vote, they should be counted and I am glad they were.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 01:20 pm
@revelette,
True really didn't matter, but I sure love seeing the landslide victory for Obama.
Ragman

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 01:30 pm
@MMarciano,
Yeah! Electoral landslide. And, interestingly, when you see the demographics off how the breakdown splits across the USA, wherever there are colleges, there was a higher percentage votes for Obama. That is pretty tell-tale to me.

Miami-Dade county (city of Miami) went over 250k votes in favor of Obama. the whole state was 74,000 in fabvor of Obama.

Repugs feel free to ignore minorities at your peril.
jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:17 am
@Ragman,
And this one going down! Scumbags go down hard, cya you teabagger freak show, one less in Florida!

All Ballots Counted, Allen West Solidly Defeated By Patrick Murphy

Quote:
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) may be vowing that his race against Patrick Murphy is far from over, but as of early Saturday morning, all ballots were counted and legally the result is clear: West lost.

Murphy won a total of 166,799 votes to West's 164,370, the Palm Beach Post reported. That puts Murphy ahead by 2,429 votes and gives him a 0.7 percent advantage. Florida law only requires a recount when the margin is 0.5 percent or less.

Palm Beach County officials were up until 4:45 a.m. Saturday counting all remaining ballots cast during early voting, on Election Day, absentee ballots and other problematic ballots, the Palm Beach Post reported.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:22 am
@Ragman,
Really? Except for Dade, the state would have been Romney's?
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:27 am
@roger,
Yup. After thinking on that a bit, I'm still weeping over that discovery. Funny thing is that here in Sarasota almost every person I know voted as Independent or Democrat. I guess I got to get out more.
roger

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:41 am
@Ragman,
When I lived in Miami, circa 1962, we were always outvoted by what were then called The Pork Chop Counties. I didn't like it then, and oddly, I don't like it now.
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:47 am
@roger,
What is encouraging is that margin is narrowed considerably. Us carpet-bagger outsiders have over-run their shores. I'm organizing and associating with more likely voters and we're doing what we can so the next election will not get this close.

The problem in the next election will then lie with the meager selection of ethical, qualified and competent candidates. State gov't here is a hodge-podge of gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Cue Cher:

0 Replies

juliazoe4

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:38 am
@farmerman,
Young, educated people voted for Obama.
djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:41 am
@juliazoe4,
juliazoe4 wrote:
Young, educated people voted for Obama.

so, you'd be old and stupid?