14
   

The brief appearance of Islamic members.

 
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 11:18 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
Columbus and other explorers sailing west? It wasn't "to prove the Earth was round" we already knew the Earth was at least rounded, it was to find a western route to China, because Islam had basically created a trade blockade since we wouldn't convert.
Columbus was not the first person to propose that a person could reach Asia by sailing west from Europe. In fact, the idea is almost as old as the idea that the Earth is round = dates back to early Rome.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 11:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
There's a big difference between having a religion and telling everybody what religion you are within the first five minutes of meeting them.

Look at J Goldman, a lot of his posts are saying that because he's a Christian certain rules of behaviour don't apply to him, that his religion allows him to be judgemental and bigoted.

The decent Christians don't need to announce their religion, they behave decently.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 11:23 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
Germanic barbarian invasion
Do you call any migration period 'barbaric' or only those that correspond to your crude historical ideas?
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 03:31 pm
@fresco,
Seriously? There's all sorts of information, including Sufi sites.

There any number of Islamic sects the have elements of Christianity and/or Judaism.
0 Replies
 
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
"Preach the Gospel every day. If necessary use words."

Its credited to a lot of folks, but it's a good rule for me.
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 07:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
They were barbarians because they sacked Rome with violence.

If a person smashes up a signpost, mailbox, or telephone pole, would you call them civilized or barbaric?

Barbarism is as barbarism does, and what it does is destroy signs of previous civilization.

No this is not me being elitist, this is me saying things as they are. It wasn't "migration". They helped destroy Rome!

All cultures are not the same! And even though Germans later adopted post-Roman civilization (Muslims never have become civilized, because their stupid religion is actively at odds wuth civilization, blaming it for all of their problems), the fact doesn't change that a roving gang of thugs is not an "immigration." This is why the West is falling apart, we can't even figure out the difference between immigration and slow invasion.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 07:54 am
@bulmabriefs144,
You know nothing, the Goths were promised land and other things for services rendered.

The Romans reneged, so they took what was owing.
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  4  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:17 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
They were barbarians because they sacked Rome with violence.
I see.


Wait: the Romans were non-violent? They annexed and conquered without violence?

bulmabriefs144 wrote:
Barbarism is as barbarism does, and what it does is destroy signs of previous civilization.
That's why only now we get more information about the Etruscan civilisation destroyed by the ... who did you say?
Walter Hinteler
 
  4  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:24 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
And even though Germans later adopted post-Roman civilization
Now, that's really interesting!
When did that happen?
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
When did that happen?


Sometime just before Sat 19 Feb, 2022 07:49 am, apparently.
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
He's learned about "The Pax Romana" and somehow missed the bit about the Roman Army part in it.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:38 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It's the sort of Christianity that allows the Roman Empire to wash its hands completely and blame the occupied Israelites for everything.

Yet still manages to attack Catholicism, it's a pretty all encompassing condemnation of all the Abrahamic faiths, (he's hardly complimentary about Islam,) with the exception of the version he has just pulled out of his arse.
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 10:00 am
@bobsal u1553115,
As Walter Goffart wrote: "The volume of the Cambridge Ancient History for the years AD 70–192 is called 'The Imperial Peace', but peace is not what one finds in its pages".[
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 10:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,
That would be with the Romans a. d. xi kal. mart. anno 2775, VII hora.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/24/2024 at 12:52:37