Ok smarty-Pantses......how do snails know the difference between watering and rain?

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:37 pm
@Roberta,
I think they are only frisky in certain circumstances. Like in electric storms, perhaps?

They were all at the apex of the tippiest toppiest leaf they could find...and they were fully stretched out with their eye stalks stretched to the utmost, waving their upper bodies around in a frenzied manner...for snails. Some were exchanging bodily fluids.

never seen anything quite like it.

Probably an omen, like the terrible signs of doom in Macbeth...you know, horses eating each other in the stables, a comet, snails becoming frenzied and not eating plants...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:38 pm
@dlowan,
maybe you should try a steamer...

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:44 pm
@Rockhead,
I'm not going to EAT them!

I dreamed about a snail on the night in question....a HUGE one with no shell. I think it spoke, but I can't remember what it said.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:40 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
But when I water them their atmosphere becomes very humid...wet, in fact.
Some of the things I've ready say that snails can tell the difference between air humidity and surface water. Seems reasonable that they could be sensitive to the difference.

But I don't know for sure. It's just stuff I've read.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:12 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
I dreamed about a snail on the night in question....a HUGE one with no shell. I think it spoke, but I can't remember what it said.

Eat me?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCgaWg1fI79dOH4C5BnSGcsfcfWo2rTgiseK0bakIUE0Padw_Onw

0 Replies