Emergency Cat Problem!

Aldistar

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 02:13 am
Ok, I finally got Tabbie into the vet today! The vet said that he has a temp. a full degree above normal, which does happen during bladder infections, but with all of the other info I gave him he doesn't think that that is the problem. He did give me some medicine for Tabbie to take just in case (said it would not hurt even if he doesn't have the infection). The vet did poke around and said that Tabbie's long lost second testicle seemed to be dropping and that could be a big factor. He told me to wait it out for 3-4 months and see if it does and he will remove it then. Until then I am going to use this feliway stuff. It has been highly reccomended by many of the people in this thread as well as the pet stores and the vet.

I used the white vinegar solution for now and it seems to have at least halted current activity and lessened the odor a bit.

Tomorrow I am making a mass trip to the pet store and stock up on everything.

Thanks for everyone who helped! I really appreciate it!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 02:44 am
Hey glad to hear things are being resolved for you and your kittie! Smile
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 02:00 pm
one litter tray is probably adding to the problems as cats are fussy. Maybe have a couple more?
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 10:30 pm
Ahhh...payday. I went to the pet store and dropped a pretty penny on the wussies. Second litter box, Nature's Miracle, and Feliway. Tabbie is unwillingly taking his medicine (he gets a treat after so he can't complain too much). So, hopefully, this will be it. I will keep everyone posted.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 10:33 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:37 pm
I think it may have worked! With the extra litterbox and making sure there aren't any tempting piles of clothes or newspapers Tabbie has not marked since. I don't know if the feliway is really the cause because from what I can tell Tabbie didn't seem to be marking territory as much as he just didn't feel like using the box. No matter, it has stopped for now and I can begin to relax.
0 Replies

ladyisis

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 10:28 am
My Cat Has A Urine Infection and Sprays
Hello,

I have been reading the posts here and I have a male cat who had a urine infection and bleeding through his urine. I have spent quite a bit of money on my cat to fix this problem.

His was on anti-biotics, therapy with injections and it worked for a while, but his infection and bleeding has returned.

I go to visit the vet soon again to have more blood and urine test for possible infection again.

I was interested in the "Feliway" product, but my cat now sprays through my home. I wake up in the morning and follow a trail to his favorite spots of urinating. I have tried the store bought products to prevent him from spraying to no avail.

But this "Felway" product stand out to me because I have read good reviews on this product.

I HAVE TRIED TO ORDER THROUGH THE UNITED STATES, BUT DUE TO CHEMICAL (CATEGORY ONLY) THEY WILL NOT SHIP TO CANADA.

Does anyone know -- In Canada -- where I can buy this product?

I would rather not buy from a Veterarian because they charge an arm and a leg -- $50.00 for a bottle.

Would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

On behalf of my beloved cat -- Samson.

Thank you. Ladyisis
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:06 pm
Ladyisis--

I can't help with pills, but I've had several cats with bladder infections. Early on a vet explained that commerical cat foods had too much ash and that a better diet was homemade boiled meatballs.

This saved a lot in vet bills and medicine. (And now, in the days of microwaving) you could make up a month's supply, freeze them, and thaw one a day.

Good luck.
0 Replies

ladyisis

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:30 pm
Thanks for the Scope On The Meatball!
This is a wonderful idea to try.

Can you tell me what kind of meat did you use to make your meatballs?

Was it regular?
Was it Medium?
Or Was It Lean?

When I make meatballs for myself I use the leanest meat possible. Do you think this would help -- the lean meat?

Ladyisis
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:48 pm
Ladyisis--

Cats need a certain amount of fat for sleek, shiny coats. Lionesses bring down the fattest antelope they can catch. I used cheap hamburger--a lot of the fat leaches out into the boiling water.

The first cat I knew with this problem used to signal his urinary distress by squatting in my first husband's shoes. Before I discovered meatballs, the cat had taught his master to keep his shoes in the closet and to close the closet door.

The cat did a better domesticating job than I did.
0 Replies

ladyisis

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:24 pm
Meatballs! Boiled in Water or Fryed!
I can see you understand what I am going through. I close my closets also -- just in case.

Do you boil the meat or fry it?

You mention the fat comes to the top in boiling water -- so I presume you mean boil it?

Just want to make sure.

Ladyisis
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:34 pm
Boil, baby! Boil!

Be prepared to tell Mr. Leaky that there is "No Dry Food with One Meatball". He will complain most piteously (and he'd bitch even if you boiled ground round).

Good luck.
0 Replies

ladyisis

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 04:17 am
Boil! Baby! Boil
You have such a great sense of humor. I will boil the meat and watch his turn his nose, belch and take a leap.... Thanks a bunch.

Ladyisis
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 06:37 am
Ladyisis--

Glad to help. I hope you stay on A2K, whether or not you need answers.
0 Replies

ladyisis

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 06:39 am
Not Going Anywhere!
I am definitely going to stay here because I can learn so much.

Thanks.

Ladyisis
0 Replies