Cardinal Law Offers Resignation/ Awaits Pope's Acceptance

jjorge

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 01:06 am
Hazlitt

Good question. Thanks for asking it.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 08:08 am
I heard that briefly the other day Hazlitt but I haven't seen anything more on it. I'd guess if that came from anywhere it would have been in the tons of documents that have been released here in Boston in the last few months.

The Boston Globe has the most comprehensive coverage of this whole thing from what I can see. If anyone wants the daily details you can find them at: http://www.boston.com/globe/spotlight/abuse/
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 11:10 am
Hazlitt, I could only find one reference - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3009015&thesection=news&thesubsection=world
0 Replies

Hazlitt

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 07:35 pm
BILLW, thanks for the New Zealand Herald link. I e-mailed the story to the reader ombudsman at the Chicago Tribune, my hometown paper, and asked if it had appeared in the Trib and had I missed it? If not, why not? I'm sure he'll e-mail some sort of answer to me. I'll keep you posted.
0 Replies

Hazlitt

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 07:52 pm
FISHIN, I looked through the articles in the Globe, as I had done previously, but could not find a reference to the Pope's letter. However, the article in the NZ Herald would seem to indicate that the letter does exist. Perhaps there is a news blackout in the US. Although, I would suspect that if we can find out about it, it must be pretty widely known.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 08:40 pm
I didn't run into that specific reference anywhere either although it was mentioned on the news (radio and TV) quite a bit up here. I have no idea why it hasn't gotten more publication.. The way the Boston Globe is tracking things you'd think that would be their centerpiece headline.
0 Replies

Hazlitt

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 07:51 pm
So far the ombudsman at the Tribune has not answered me. Maybe he won't, but if not, it'll be the first time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 10:01 pm
Hazlitt, Maybe the employees at the Trib that handles such matter are catholics. c.i.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:11 pm
There may be more to the problem than heretofore has been seen ....

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/funny/shouldofknown.jpg

timber
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:15 pm
Good one timber!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:17 pm
Wow! I think it would be a good idea for the catholic church to replace that window! Only a simple suggestion. c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:37 pm
I think it was an sign board.
0 Replies