Dude, where's my car? or why u should always listen to kids

nimh

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:18 am
Click to read story:

It's 9 p.m. Do you know where your car is parked?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,032 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:26 am
nimh- I certainly can relate to that. I usually try to park in approximately the same area in malls that I frequent. A few years ago, I went to a new mall, for the first time. I rode around with the security guard for at least 10 minutes, before I found my car. I had sworn up and down that I parked in front of Dillards, but could not see J.C. Penney from where I was. NOT! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:56 am
I drive a green Jeep Cherokee. There must be hundreds of thousands of those in 'Merica--if not millions. I have a Canajun flag hanging from the rear-view, in honor of my sweetiepie. That clue has saved me more than once when i've forgotten where i parked.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 06:06 am
I have a silver Corolla. Sometimes I find it surrounded by as many as a dozen identical Corollas. Fortunately somebody stole my right rear hubcap. Fortunately? Yes, because now I'm sporting a new set that doesn't resemble the original. Now I can find my car again.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 11:52 am
I'm driving a rental hundai at the moment. I've lost it 3 times in the last week. It looks like every damn car out there.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 12:14 pm
The yellow frisbee on the back ledge seems to help.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 02:25 pm
It's one thing to forget where you parked...but if you're parking a rental car at Disney with 11,000+ other cars, and don't have the sense to at least note what kind of car you're driving...you are a brain dead moron who deserves to drive around for hours looking for it.

Mine's easy to find. I keep my roadkill collection strapped to the roof.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 03:37 pm
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they can't find their car at the mall, and George gets arrested for taking a leak in the stairwell.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 01:35 am
I couldn't find my car at LAX once. That was a long time ago. I still remember it. Not the car, I mean, I remember the experience.

I wonder which car it was...
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 01:58 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
It's one thing to forget where you parked...but if you're parking a rental car at Disney with 11,000+ other cars, and don't have the sense to at least note what kind of car you're driving...you are a brain dead moron who deserves to drive around for hours looking for it.

Mine's easy to find. I keep my roadkill collection strapped to the roof.

It's late at night, people are sleeping in the house. I have to hold a pillow to my face to keep me from waking everyone up with my laughter.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 02:00 am
There's a relevant story in our local paper today:

in my hometown (birthplace, to be correct), a woman went to the police, telling them, her car had been stolen in "abc"-Street, a little outsite the town center.

A traffic warden saw it yesterday, unlocked, handbag still open on the rear seats, 800 yards linear distance away from the other place:
http://www.derpatriot.de/grafik/archiv/28735197.jpg

The lady had parked her car four weeks ago actually there.
(And nothing had been stolen, which is really a little bit surprising as well.)
0 Replies