Facebook-Timeline Right Column Boxes

hope815

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 12:41 pm
If a friend views my timeline, in the right column you see a Photo Grid of 8 Friends, underneath that you see a Likes Grid of 8 Pages, underneath that you see a map with the places I visited...
I do not see any of this when I look on my timeline.
I don't want other people to see it either because it's repetitive info that can be seen in other areas...and I know it wasn't always like this...
The first issue, why is what I'm seeing on my TL different than what my friends can see?...
The more pressing issue, how to get rid of this information...well I don't want to get rid of the info (this is where I'm running into problems), I just want to hide these grids/boxes from my TL because they take up a lot of room.
The problem I'm having with researching this is that everything is telling me how to hide likes or photos which is not what I want to do.
Also, if I look at other friends TLs, they only have the 8 pic photo grid, they're likes don't show up, etc...
I consider myself pretty proficient in FB, and have keep up with all the changes, but this has me stumped.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,814 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 12:59 pm
@hope815,
What I've done is gone through all my account and privacy settings and locked everything down so it is only visible to me.

I also made lists in which to categorize my FB friends into common interest categories for things such as family, special people, politics, media, games, gardening, cooking, music, etc.

When I post something on my wall, I select which lists I want my post to be visible. If I post something about the games I play, only those that play that game see the post. If I post something for only family or special people to see, I select only those lists for viewing my post.
hope815

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 01:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
I appreciate your reply...I too have custom lists for my game posts...
However, this is not what I'm asking...this has more to do with the layout of my Timeline.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:12 pm
@hope815,
Sorry, it sounded more like you were concerned about who could see what you were posting in the side bar of their timelines.

If you want to alter the look of the FB timeline, I would suggest using a browser add-on called Social Fixer. With it, you can customize the look of your own timeline to suit your needs and whims.

I've been using it for several years and love it.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
Without Social Fixer, I think you can sometimes find an X in the upper right of the box that contains the data you don't want displayed on your timeline. If I remember correctly, there is sometimes a choice to remove it from your timeline or edit how much is shown.
hope815

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
Again, correct...lol...problem is I did that ages ago and so I don't see these boxes in my view, but when I view as a friend, they can see them...and while in that view, I can't edit anything...no X's...btw, what is Social Fixer?
hope815

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:46 pm
@hope815,
Oh sorry, I didn't see your first post that it's an add on...
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 04:09 pm
@hope815,
http://socialfixer.com/
0 Replies

tarch2

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 08:21 am
@hope815,
hope815 - i'm having the same issue. wondering if you found a solution?

it is very weird. i don't see the friends/likes/map when i view other maps. but it shows up when friends view mine (so ive heard) and when i "view as." definitely stumping.
0 Replies