SCoates

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:21 pm
I'm just curious what everyone thinks on the subject. Many people believe there is a life after this one. Who thinks there was a life BEFORE this one? I'm sure there should be a lot of different oppinions on that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 812 • Replies: 9
No top replies

micah

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:23 pm
you know what i think....there is of course an after-life, but no before-life...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:26 pm
truth
I think there is neither, and that we are fundamentally in that state now.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:41 pm
So before this life we didn't exist, neither will we after? I suppose there are innumerable ways to define existence. For example, concept exits even if it is not written down, and even if no one understands it. And you can say someone exists in the memory of others, or that they still exist because the things they did in life have not been UNDONE by their demise... it is not as if they never existed, and therefor they exist. But I don't want to get into stretches on the definition... however I suppose it to be inevitable.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:58 pm
this is why people sometimes 'define their terms' when they write an article or engage in debate...but i'm sure you knew that already....just helping out some of our younger viewers....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:10 am
I don't need to define anything more than I did in my first post. Everyone here is perfectly capable of sharing their opinions, and that's all they've been asked to do.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:12 am
If your mind is clear, your are with Pythagoras.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:25 am
There are those who believe that life here.....began out there.
Far across the galaxy..with tribes of humans.....who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians...or the Toltecs..or the Mayans......
Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 04:40 am
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/conser.html

Quote:
Conservation of Energy
Energy can be defined as the capacity for doing work. It may exist in a variety of forms and may be transformed from one type of energy to another. However, these energy transformations are constrained by a fundamental principle, the Conservation of Energy principle. One way to state this principle is "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed". Another approach is to say that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant.

No, this is not a science lesson. I am relating existence to a law of physics.
I believe that "we" have always been here, in one form or another. (No, I am definitely NOT talking about reincarnation).

In this life, IMO, we are born, we die. Our molecules are taken into the earth, and we may end up as part of the earth, or even a flower.

I agree with SCoates that what we do on this earth, does make changes in the following generations. For some, it is a miniscule change...........perhaps your granddaughter remembering the wonderful talks you had with her, and how they shaped HER life, and how it will shape the life of her descendents. For others, their lives will have a more lasting impact, Shakespeare, Jesus, Beethoven. So in THAT sense we ARE immortal.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 03:53 pm
It seems to me that intelligence would be subject to that same conservation as matter. Merely that if a presence, or consciousness exists which is capable of comprehension, then that presence has always and will always exist. I realize however that comparing that concept to a widely accepted theory does nothing to prove it.
0 Replies