MAN PLANS TOPLESS COFFEE SHOP IN MAINE

hobitbob

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:23 pm
There is a very famous burger place in Seattle at Broadway and John, I believe, called "Dicks." The jokes about the "Special Dick Sauce" were legion!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:24 pm
Or maybe you could call it "Members only".
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:25 pm
we have Dicks Last Resort...where the waitstaff is rude...fabulous place

I have always wondered though...The Golden Banana is a strip club...with female dancers for men

just doesnt seem right somehow
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:39 am
kickycan wrote:
How about my idea? A topless ice cream place called "Big Cones". That cold air does wonderful things!

How 'bout "Big Dips" ? Laughing
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 01:01 pm
Ceili wrote:
Over the last few years a few bars, gentlemen's clubs have opened and after a few weeks of indignant protest and hightened interest, most generally go 'tits' up.
Very few places manage to succeed if you take women customers out of the picture. Men go where the women go, and most waitresses are only interested in the tip. Not a great long term business plan.

That's a good point. I think its sad that some people think the only way to make a buck is to have naked women there... women shop more than men, and women spend more in the community than men... it won't work.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 01:15 pm
i guess his dream of becoming the 'Maine' MAN, is bound for the dust bin - (and i believe that's where he keeps his brain).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 01:45 pm
Hey, why is it a bad idea it is to use boobs to sell something? It works. What about Hooters? There's a restaurant that succeeded wildly.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 06:05 pm
Women generally won't go to a place if they are to be served topless. Hooters is all about owls, everybody knows that, right?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 06:24 pm
Ha ha Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 07:55 pm
Hooter's has toned down considerably since its inception and, in some locales, even courts the family trade.

BTW, Welcome to A2K, L.R.R. Hood.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:15 am
Thanks Merry Andrew.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:36 am
I don't know where you all live, but there doesn't seem to be a lack of topless bars, or gentlemans clubs here (Boston area).

This man's plans are basic business. You want to distinguish your business from similar businesses in your area. You want to do this in a way that customers want.

There is no problem that this idea only appeals to men. The first thing they taught in my business class is to focus on a specific demographic. Many successful stores appeal to only a small part of the general public.

i am not sure a topless Coffee Shop is a good idea--it seems to mix two of lifes pleasures that don't usually go together. But, I might go at least once just out of curiosity.

But using breasts as way for a business to appeal to customers has worked in the past.

What's wrong with that?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 09:24 am
Thank you ebrown! I agree.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 09:55 am
ep, I didn't say boobs don't sell...I don't think a coffee shop will work. There is a market for this sort of place, sure but first you've got to hire the staff. Everybodies got a price, unless the place makes enough cash, you won't get the kind of 'staff' you'd need to make it a desirable affair.... Without the babes( ) ( ), who'd go for a coffee. Most men will go to a place a couple of times for a kick*, but they won't keep coming back if there aren't any other women. And again, I don't think a topless coffee bar would become the typical place to find the average women, I could be wrong.
I don't see it as a fiscally smart, long term business plan.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:27 pm
kickycan wrote:
How about my idea? A topless ice cream place called "Big Cones". That cold air does wonderful things!

Men have built in sensors when it comes to boobs Rolling Eyes

I went into the break room at work on Friday. A fellow worker (named Chris) was in there and our convo went something like this:

Chris: (bends down and whispers in my ear) Gee, I'm flattered Brooke.

Me : (Giving him a confused look) About?

Chris: (evil grin) You know (winks)

Me : Ummmm......no I don't "know". Why don't you tell me.....Oh WAIT!
On second thought.....don't tell me :wink: Probably safer that way!

Chris: Ahhhh come on Brooke. I knew you liked me...I just didn't know how much :wink: (winks again)

Brooke: Otay......you're obviously having demented daydreams again.

Chris: (looks down at my boobs....then back at me) And with nips as hard as those are.....you're obviously turned on by me.

Brooke : Rolling Eyes Oh for heavens sakes Confused (exits)

I was doing alot of work in my office.....arranging files. Moving around alot. And sometimes simply rubbing against a bra ....will do that Rolling Eyes

Men do have a fascination with boobs....I doubt that will ever change.

~Brooke
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:35 pm
What are "boobs"?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:49 pm
Brooke~
Is this guy nuts?
That kind of remark these days can get him out the door but fast.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:54 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
What are "boobs"?

Depends on who you ask Laughing

Women: Breasts

Men: Gazungas..nibblers....crowd pleasers...grips...bombs...big'uns ...the pointer sisters...dracula biscuits....bra bunnies...girly guns....towers

And plenty more I'm sure I missed Rolling Eyes

And George? If he were my boss I'd nail his butt Twisted Evil but he's just another worker....and I know he's just joking around so I overlook him. All he does is talk about sex....or make something innocent you say...into something sexual. That's just how he is. And everyone at work knows how he is....including the top dogs. So....with him....you just let it slide in one ear and out the other. I never take him seriously....and he does keep his hands to himself. (Thank goodness) But, yeah......he's treading on dangerous territory these days.

~Brooke
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:57 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
What are "boobs"?

Depends on who you ask Laughing

Women: Breasts

Nah, women would answer:

"Men"

Wimmin are evil.