Wheelchair vs escalator - you won't win

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 07:02 am
Who would do this and think it was a good idea? Now before I get attacked she wasn't hurt.

I was watching the news last night and saw this video - Woman in wheelchair fell on T escalator - once I knew she wasn't hurt, I did, I laughed. But how stupid, I'm sorry, but would you think it was a good idea?

" 56-year-old South Boston woman fell after trying to ride her motorized wheelchair up the escalator at a subway station last Friday but was not seriously injured, the MBTA said. The woman, whom officials have not identified, tumbled several times as the escalator rose out of Broadway Station at about 9:34 a.m. A man ran to her aid when he saw her flip over. He nearly tripped trying to set her upright on the moving escalator. An MBTA worker then rushed to the scene and pushed the emergency stop button. The woman was able to walk down the stairs and had no serious injuries, the MBTA said. "

So I did a search this morning for woman in wheelchair escalator and I found many incidents of this...and these are adults...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,041 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 07:24 am
@Linkat,
That's funny Smile and stupid.

I was looking out my front window years ago and saw a guy in a wheelchair trying to get up the little ramp-y thing on the sidewalk. He kept sliding back and just could not get onto it. After I recovered from my laughing fit, I went over to him and asked if I could help. He looked at me and we both started howling. Then I gave him a little push and he was off and away. **** that was funny.
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 10:01 am
@Mame,
I'm not sure but you may be able to see the video here - I can't view from work

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061146610

But the comments are pure gold.

This could be up there with the family that got lost in corn maze and called 9-1-1 to get them out.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 11:32 pm
@Linkat,
I rode a bicycle down an escalator once on a bet. No blood was involved.

Rap
0 Replies