Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 05:13 pm
My relationship has been a very rocky one to say the least. I have been with this guy for years and when i first mett him i was 15 1/2 n he was 16 1/2 i was a resposible kid got good grades loved to learn new things at school and impress my teachers with my intellect. He was the bad boy did drugs partied hard and didnt give a f##k about anyone because he grew up in a home where he had to care about getting by and getting high thats it. I mett him and he acted like he wanted to change and better himself. He was ashamed of the drugs he did. For 2 years he did methadone and heroin at the end and i cared to much to give up on him. He was arrested and sentanced to a year. When he got out he swore he would stay clean. that didnt last long and i could not handle it anymore. We broke up for 5 months and then he messaged me saying he was doing better and wanted to meet with me. I went for it.

Now he has been clean from the big drugs for a long time occasionally smoked weed and lied to me but was caught and continued to lie.
He is trying to convince me it is ok to smoke weed every so often and it will help his MANY psycological problems.
I do not condone any drug use due to our past

he sais if i do not allow him to smoke weed i do not love him unconditionally.

I told him he can smoke weed and i will always love him but i can not support the behavior and would have to remove myself from the situation.

I believe he is chasing the high.

not to mention i have a full time job pay the rent and take us out to dinner when he uses up his food stamp card (buys monster n candy not real food)

I dont believe anything will teach him how wrong he is... any suggestions

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 06:16 pm
I think you pretty much said it all... my only suggestion is to stay strong.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 07:05 pm
@kmkween909,
You failed to mention what it is about him that makes you love him. You do however seem to want to be in an incompatible relationship and play the role of the "fixer". Some people like that excitement. You should ask yourself if that is what you really love
Krumple

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 07:17 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

You failed to mention what it is about him that makes you love him. You do however seem to want to be in an incompatible relationship and play the role of the "fixer". Some people like that excitement. You should ask yourself if that is what you really love

I agree with this assment completely. I am sure there are probably little things that you enjoy about him. He's probably funny and entertaining to be around but honestly are you in the relationship to fix him because he is broken?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 07:24 pm
@Krumple,
Open your eyes. Is this your life?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 07:28 pm
@kmkween909,
Has anyone suggested Narcotics Anonymous to him?

If not, I'm suggesting it now.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 07:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Open your eyes. Is this your life?

Sure of course it is, who's else would it be?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 08:51 am
@kmkween909,
Well you just described my relationship with my ex, just different drug of choice. We were together from 14 to 20... He kept saying he would choose me and not the drugs but the drugs always won... I woke up one day and said as much as I love you, I need to love myself and I deserve better. I left and never went back... He found another woman, got married, blah blah... They are now getting divorced because he cheated on her and continues to do drugs... He bounces from jobs, still doesn't have a liscense, car, etc. It's been 7 years...

seems like I made the right choice.. but it was the hardest choice of my life...

You need to do what is right for you, not for him... It will be hard but it gets easier with time.

Good luck <3
0 Replies