dalehileman

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 10:58 am
@thack45,
Thank you Thack, I’m familiar with the routine, its having been explained also by one of our other friends. But I vaguely remember an easier way. You highlight the link then click on one of the selections at the top of the screen (File, Edit, View, etc) which then provides a dropdown containing an instruction like “Change to plain text”

Or was it only a wishful dream
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 11:31 am
@dalehileman,
I don't ever believe that was ever an A2K option. You probably seen that while using Outlook or another email program.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 01:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar after I submitted that post, in fact what you suggest actually occurred to me. Yes there is this strange dichotomy between what’s available as editing within your PC and what’s made available in the forum one’s using. Commercial computer programmers spend most of their entire working lives in an attempt to make software as difficult for the Average Clod (me) to use. I think his employer awards a prize--especially in the area of editing routines--if he can find a way to increase the number of keystrokes necessary to achieve any function that might otherwise be achieved by a couple of mousekeyclicks. Why

Because 1. he imagines that we gain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from all the unnecessary work, 2. his supervisors are impressed by the size of his routines and finally but not least, 3. Folks like us are so taken in by it all that we don;’t feel qualified to object

In fact if aerospace programmers were as incompetent as commercial we’d long ago have been wiped out in a nuclear war occasioned by gratis editing of international correspondence between world leaders

Please see

http://able2know.org/topic/186148-1
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:24 am
@tsarstepan,
Tsar (and others who might tune in), I have discovered how it’s done

1. Find the link you want to convert (eg, the one abbreviated in post #173) and highlight

2. Click on Edit, then Copy

3. Insert (paste) wherever you want:

How to make taffy

I herewith admit most sheepishly that doubtless most all you fellas already know how to do it so assumed I must have been inquiring about how to do something more complex and profound
dalehileman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 01:35 pm
@dalehileman,
So my problem is resolved but thanks fellas for trying to humor me. Meanwhile I have another q about links

http://able2know.org/topic/193278-1
0 Replies